Schneider Electric Software Development Engineer, Principal in Foxboro, Massachusetts
Schneider Electric™creates connected technologies that reshape industries, transform cities and enrich lives.Our 160,000 employees thrive in more than 100 countries. From the simplest of switches to complex operational systems, our technology, software and services improve the way our customers manage and automate their operations.Help us deliver solutions that ensure Life Is On everywhere, for everyone and at every moment: https://youtu.be/NlLJMv1Y7Hk.
Great people make Schneider Electric a great company.
The Principal Software Development Engineer will be a key member of the Software Development team working on the Foxboro Control Software product line. This is an excellent opportunity for someone who is highly motivated, a self-starter, and passionate about driving and developing key development modules for one of our flagship product lines.
The job responsibilities for this position include (but are not limited to) the following:
- Define, design, drive, and validate the software development of databases, business logic and user interfaces. Strong implementation and debug skills in programming languages such as C#/C++/C/SQL are required.
- Author, review, and implement software requirements and software design specifications. Provide inputs to user and test documents.
- Provide technical expertise and leadership to offshore teams. This includes software design/architecture, implementation, definition of work packages, and reviews of deliverables such as code reviews.
- Provide expertise and leadership in the review and validation of all software development and test deliverables ranging from requirements, high level/detailed design, use cases, unit tests, and test automation.
- Work in a collaborative environment with the ability to work with cross-functional teams to ensure delivery of high quality software components.
- Be a software development champion within the R&D organization driving robust execution techniques such as Continuous Integration and Test Automation. Push the envelope on process and innovation to improve the efficiency of our execution and validation processes.
- Work on complex issues where analysis of situations or data require an in-depth evaluation of variable factors. Exercise judgment in selecting methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining results.
Required Skills and Experience:
- BS/MS in Computer Science/Engineering or related field.
- Strong technical/engineering background, with the ability to analyze and solve difficult technical and business problems in a complex domain.
- 8+ years of experience with Enterprise software product architecture, design, and implementation for infrastructure software products.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills along with a passion for quality, supportability, extensibility, and simple and efficient design.
- Experience with design and development of high quality software and services in a scalable, concurrent, and multi-threaded environment is highly preferred. Visual Studio and VSTS experience will be desirable.
- Experience working with offshore development and test resources in a managed services model to ensure timely and high quality delivery of software releases.
- Well versed with software lifecycle processes, development best practices, and unit testing.
- Minimum of 8 years’ experience with C/C++/C#.NET, SQL Server/SQLServer Express.
- Experience with latest Microsoft technologies such as WCP/WPF, LINQ, MSTest and modeling languages like UML.
- Experience with Window7/Windows 10/Windows Server 2008/Server 2016.
- Experience with writing Install scripts and MSI.
- Experience with Agile methodologies is a plus.
- Experience with InstallShield is a plus.
Preferred Technical Skills
- Experience with TFS - Source code management, Requirement Management, and Defect Management.
- Knowledge of authoring and running unit test using MSTest/Nunit.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Security Development Lifecycle including Threat modeling, vulnerability analysis, and secure coding practices will be a plus
- Knowledge of Static code analysis and usage of tools like FxCop, StyleCop, Klocwork
- Working knowledge of virtualization technology like HyperV or Virtual PC.
- Knowledge of designing, developing, and deploying Automation and Control systems will be a plus.
- User interface and HMI expertise.
We seek out and reward people for being straightforward, open, passionate, effective and challenging the status quo. We want our employees to reflect the diversity of the communities in which we operate.We welcome people as they are, creating an inclusive culture where all forms of diversity are seen as a real value for the company. We’re looking for people with a passion for success — on the job and beyond. See what our people have to say about working for Schneider Electric:https://youtu.be/6D2Av1uUrzY.
Let us learn about you! Apply today.
You must submit an online application to be considered for any position with us. This position will be posted until filled.
It is the policy of Schneider Electric to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities in the areas of recruiting, hiring, training, transferring, and promoting all qualified individuals regardless of race, religion, color, gender, disability, national origin, ancestry, age, military status, sexual orientation, marital status, or any other legally protected characteristic or conduct.
Concerning agencies: Schneider Electric does not accept unsolicited resumes and will not be responsible for fees related to such.
Primary Location: US-Massachusetts-Foxboro
Unposting Date: Ongoing
Req ID: 005CA4