General Electric Staff Technical Product Manager in Foxborough, Massachusetts
Job Description Summary
We are looking for a Staff Technical Product Manager (Oracle/Salesforce CPQ), who can combine out of the box ideas with the practical application of analytical thinking. As a TPM within the commercial IT product management team, you will be the technology and process / functional expert focusing on the processes, systems, and tools that support the marketing, sales, support, and customer success teams. Your job will not be limited to capturing business requirements and converting them to development stories- although that is foundational. In this role, you will be a critical part of the Salesforce product management team who will intelligently design a solution that addresses the business needs but also stimulates process improvement.
The ideal candidate has a background in sales, marketing, has experience designing and developing solutions on Oracle/Salesforce CPQ integrating with Salesforce, ERP systems, and has the desire to be a thought-leader on a quickly growing team.
Roles and Responsibilities
In this role, you will be responsible for:
• Work with key business stakeholders and Product Owners to understand goals,
enabling capabilities and success measures for digital initiatives.
• Develop deep knowledge of B2B process, technology, and tools in your area of focus
(Inquiry to Opportunity, Opportunity to Order or Case to Resolution).
• Develop relationships with key business stakeholders / Product Owners to
understand key initiatives-priorities-themes-epics.
• Utilize Design Thinking and business process modeling techniques to facilitate
feature / story definition. Act as the functional subject matter expert in the assigned
• Primary person responsible for story decomposition and elaboration; actively
collaborate with business stakeholders and Product Owners to build out the Agile
backlog in your area of focus.
• Define and elaborate on prioritized epics, develop stories and acceptance criteria
that are actively managed by TPM as part of release planning / story grooming.
• Work with QA leads to help ensure appropriate QA test coverage and support QA
automation pipeline buildout.
• Work with Product Owners and Product Managers to create and maintain core
product artifacts including KPI’s, product roadmaps, solution architectures, user
personas, journey maps and product backlog for each product in our portfolio.
• Engaging with development teams to discuss road map, solution design and
• Accountable for delivery of business value / outcomes.
• Maintaining/enhancing technology expertise, keeping current with evolving
systems analysis, programming, and database technologies.
• BS/MS degree in Information Systems, Computer Science or related technical field
involving coding or equivalent work/technical experience
• Must have 5-8 years of experience in CPQ / CRM applications. Oracle/Salesforce
Configure Price Quote (CPQ) integrating with Salesforce Sales cloud and Oracle
• Proven experience with the Configuration/Administration of Oracle/Salesforce
CPQ/ Revenue Cloud
• Knowledge in Product Configuration & Rules, Configurator setups Commerce
Process, workflow approval, Document Engine and Pricing functionality of Oracle
CPQ Cloud are required.
• Working knowledge of Sales and Marketing business processes and practices,
including but not limited to opportunity management, quoting processes (CPQ)
including understanding of product & pricing management.
• Good understanding of Salesforce out of the box objects, workflows, and reporting.
• Ability to work with multiple development teams to complete a solution design in a
• Team player with excellent verbal & written communication, interpersonal and
• Strong problem-solving skills
• Strong planning and organization skills
• Self-driven and passion for technology
• Ability to work cross-functionally, in a fast-paced work environment.
• Able to communicate technical or complex subject matters in business terms.
• Able to work with non-collocated team members
• High attention to detail is essential
Preferred Qualifications :
• Oracle/Salesforce CPQ certification is a big plus
• Experience with managing technical projects in a large, complex enterprise
environment on a global basis
• Solid understanding of software development models, web technologies, system
integrations, database concepts and modern service-oriented architectures and
• Excellent documentation and communication skills
• Proactive, detail-oriented, and team-oriented
• Have an aptitude and willingness for learning new technologies / software
• Operate and leverage Agile and Scrum methodologies
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer (https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/2022-10/22-088_EEOC_KnowYourRights_10_20.pdf) . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable).
Relocation Assistance Provided: No
#LI-Remote - This is a remote position
- General Electric Jobs