Staples Architect Software Engineer, eCommerce in Framingham, Massachusetts
Description As a Lead/ Architect, you will be responsible for driving the Global Pricing platform consolidation across our different Business Units. You will lead the design discussions that help build microservices that are scalable and have high availability. You will be responsible for the technical direction of projects, software structure, frameworks, and algorithms. This is a high visibility position and hence there is tremendous opportunity to grow and contribute within the organization.
• Understand and influence the adoption of evolving Microservices in the global commerce platform.
• Drive design and architectural huddle
• Code, Build, Test and Deploy cloud enabled services for required business initiatives.
• Working with cross functional teams to achieve seamless integration with core eCommerce services
• Work in an agile environment and participate in conceptualizing and implementing platform features for global web platforms
• Work with cross functional and high velocity team to deliver critical deliverables on time
• High triaging capability, cloud enabled software design and development
Qualifications Basic Skills:
• BS/BA in Computer Science, Math or related field.
• 8+ years or more of total experience.
• Minimum 2 years of hands-on experience on Java/Spring for large customer facing web properties.
• Excellent communication and critical thinking skills.
• Ability to organize unstructured information and attention to detail.
• General knowledge of distributed systems architecture and cloud technologies.
• General knowledge of Domain Driven Design concepts and Microservices.
• General exposure to Java 8
• General knowledge of Spring and the Spring ecosystem (Spring Boot, Spring Cloud, Spring Data, Spring Security).
• General knowledge of NoSQL data store technologies and polyglot persistence (Couchbase, MongoDB, etc..).
• General understanding of application security standards and best practices.
• General knowledge of software operationalization, performance tuning, threading and modularization.
• General knowledge and experience of developing Microservices
• Strong organizational skills and the ability to prioritize in a fast-paced environment.
• Experience with the Netflix OSS stack (Eureka, Zuul, Ribbon, Hystrix).
• Experience building e-commerce platforms using off-the-shelf and open source frameworks.
• Experience in agile methodologies.
Staples is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law.