Staples Sr. Analyst eCommerce in Framingham, Massachusetts
The Sr. Analyst eCommerce will partner with both the L1/L2 Operations teams and development teams to innovate and deliver, focusing on the tools that are used in support of on-line, customer facing, eCommerce platforms as well as back-end supply chain and fulfillment platforms/applications,
The Sr. Analyst eCommerce will relentlessly seek to reduce MTTD (mean time to detect), MTTR (meant time to Recover) of production issues (find problems before our customers experience them!) across all digital platforms.
The Sr. Analyst eCommerce has a strong working knowledge of multiple web technologies, micro services, public cloud, and state of the art monitoring tools technologies. The Sr. Analyst eCommerce will interface with multiple development teams and must be able to build strong cross-functional partnerships (Business, engineering, IT, finance, procurement, vendors, and partners).
• Build/integrate/manage tools (examples: New Relic, ServiceNow, Splunk, Pagerduty, Big Panda, Open Source stack, etc.)
• Support tools that L1/L2 operations teams use to proactively monitor Staples applications.
• Create & maintain all relevant documentation (SOPs). SOPs should be “current”, measurable, scalable (can be used across multiple applications with slight modifications).
• Partner with development and infrastructure teams to determine updates to existing SOPs/tools
• Ensure successful and timely delivery of all project components within area of responsibility following methodologies, standards and strategies.
• Provide feedback to Architecture teams for improvements for performance, availability and scalability.
• Define/determine proper KPIs to measure availability, performance, and quality of services across platforms.
• Provide input for capacity planning to ensure proper infrastructure is in place for monitoring tools.
• Maintain up-to-date knowledge of technology, business processes and practices to continually improve applications and systems processes.
• Provide management with analysis of current applications and systems processes. Proactively makes recommendations to management on opportunities to apply systems technology to improve business process.
• Adhere to Change Management process while ensuring that all relevant SLAs are upheld.
• Provide input into the long-range plans which may include requirements for hardware, software, and/or technical resources while protecting current investments.
• Communicate with the business or other technology departments as it relates to these requirements.
• Bachelor’s Degree
• 5-8 years of related experience working with several of the following technologies:
o Operating Systems: Linux, Solaris, iOS, Android, Windows
o Databases: MongoDB, Oracle, MySQL, Couchbase
o Frameworks: Dust/Angular, Nodejs, Springboot, RxJava
o Applications/Middleware: Nginx, Apache http, Apache Tomcat, WebLogic, ActiveMQ, Kafka
o Cloud: Azure (preferred), AWS
o Tools: Splunk, New Relic, Zabbix/Nagios/ELK or other Open Source monitoring tools, Big Panda, Puppet, Jenkins, Service Now
• Demonstrated success in working within cross functional teams and effective project management and analytical/decision-making skills
• Ability to navigate large organizations, develop strong business partner relationships and build network
• Ability to influence others
• Strong analytical, data driven decision making and problem solving with attention to details
• Cloud experience on the Microsoft Azure platform or AWS
• Machine Learning/Artificial Intelligence experience
• End to end infrastructure to platform to application setup experience.
• Experience with Agile/iterative methodologies
• Self-starter with high energy to meet the needs of a demanding business and IT environment
• Interpersonal and communication skills with a proven track record
• Ability to formulate data-driven decisions
Staples is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law.