Staples Sr. Software Engineer, Supply Chain Technologies in Framingham, Massachusetts
Description Staples Supply Chain Technology Team is looking for Software Engineers to help define, develop and execute state-of-the-art Warehouse Management solutions. As a Sr Software Engineer, you will work closely with some of the brightest Hardware Engineers and Data Scientists to drive efficiency in a complex supply chain. You will build highly-available and secure service-based software solutions. This role will help develop software that optimizes existing Automated FC solutions and will evaluate and develop new applications to drive further efficiencies. This role will contribute towards the full stack from WMS interfaces, Warehouse Management, Warehouse Execution, and Automation interfaces. Successful candidates will thrive in fast-paced environments that leverage agile planning techniques, encourage and reward creative design, intelligent risk taking, and find innovative ways to leverage cutting edge technology.
• Designs and develops software that runs Staples’ Fulfillment Centers. This includes Warehouse Management, Warehouse Execution, and solutions that enable autonomous physical processing and material handling solutions.
• Participates in all phases of software development including concept, design, prototyping, and production
• Integrates and tests software solutions in a simulation environment and in production
• Uses open source tech-stack and microservice architecture
• Works with Design Engineering, Controls Engineering, and Implementation teams to develop business capabilities, technical strategies, implementation strategies and architectures
• Works with third-party developers who develop hardware-specific solutions and reviews design and manages integration with existing Staples systems
• Develops a deep understanding of business domain strategies
Qualifications Required Skills:
• MS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related field and 1+ years of relevant experience, or, BS in related field and 3+ years’ experience.
• Hands on experience with Java, Spring Framework, Oracle, Microservices Architecture, AngularJS, REST, and GIT
• Experience leveraging open source technologies and developing with service oriented architecture
• Some knowledge of cloud-based development, architecture and scaling.
• Self-starter with ability to execute on business objectives
• Strong teamwork and inter-personal skills
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
• Up to 25% Travel
Staples is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law.