Heywood Hospital Systems Engineer, Information Services in Gardner, Massachusetts
The System Engineer is responsible for evaluating, implementing and maintaining technology, solutions, throughout the organization. This individual is also responsible for providing second level support to the junior members of the team including Help Desk Technicians System Administrators and Help Desk Technicians. Systems Engineers must possess strong analytical skills and be highly motivated, detail oriented and able to work independently. This individual must possess a high degree of knowledge in hardware, operating systems, system and security monitoring and management, networking and possess sufficient skills to provide input on disaster recovery planning and system backup and recovery management.
- BS in Information Systems or equivalent degree/knowledge
- Windows Server certification and/or Network (Cisco) certification preferred
Minimum Work Experience
- Minimum 3 years in Information Technology role
- Strong troubleshooting and problem solving skills
- Strong customer service skills
Exerts up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently, and/or a negligible amount of force constantly to move objects. Frequently reaches (extending hands and arms in any direction), and handles (seizing, holding, grasping, turning, or working with hands).
The following behavioral attributes are required: achievement motivation, concern for order, flexibility, initiative, self-confidence, customer service oriented, interpersonal effectiveness, teamwork, analytical thinking and information seeking.
- Assures that all servers, computers, and associated network equipment are operational at all times
- Ensures continuity of computer operations by providing operating system support, hardware technical support, business software support, and data integrity to all system users.
- Designs, installs, maintains, and manages networks including LANs, WANs, other networks and support client /server applications, and Citrix / Terminal Services.
- Develops routers, switches, firewalls, and other communication equipment Media types include, copper, fiber, wireless, VPN, T-1, 56K and Dialup.
- Establishes effective internal processes to support IS technical support objectives.
- Ensures daily monitoring of the server environment (i.e. backups, disk structure, CPU performance, network performance, etc) for performance and security infringements using specializedutilities.
- Acts as liaison between IS, vendors, and end users in determining and implementing
- IS solutions and/or problem resolution.
- Provides expertise (and assist planning and implementation) for server related installations, upgrades, problems, or migrations.
- Enforces stated security policies for IS supplied services i.e. network, anti-virus, Internet, and Meditech.
- Provides assistance with PC software including Microsoft Operating Systems / Office
- Products and other related 3rd party applications.
- Replaces defective equipment such as Keyboards, Terminals, Printers, PC's, and Printer supplies.
- Provides diagnostic troubleshooting expertise for Meditech, PC, and network related problems.
- Assists with planning and implementation of hardware installation and upgrades.
- Ensures site planning for new installations is adequate, if not coordinate services for compliance
- Supervises the installation and documentation of hardware components (PC's, Network Eq, etc,) and assist in recommendations for purchase.
- Maintains integrity of system data using utilities such as: Backups, Data Base Compactors, Purge Utilities, Monitors (Disk Space, Optical Archive, Background Jobs, and NetworkPeripherals LAN/WAN)
- Maintains documentation of equipment inventory, repairs, returns, and system downtimes. Basic Meditech knowledge to include enter/edit passwords, menus, dictionaries, and general understanding of module functionality.
- Annually prepares the necessary network / hardware information and quotes for the budgetary process.
Statement of Other Duties
This document describes the major duties and responsibilities for this job, and is not intended to be a complete list of all tasks and functions. It should be understood, therefore, that employees may be asked to perform job-related duties beyond those explicitly described.
Facility: Heywood Hospital
Department: HH. INFORM. SERV.-,6130
Regular or Temporary Position: Regular
Position Control #: 613081350102
Position Hours: 40
Job Title: Systems Engineer, Information Services
Location: Gardner, Massachusetts
Posted Date: 02/16/2018