Applied Materials Systems Engineer II - (E2) in Gloucester, Massachusetts
Requires knowledge and experience in own discipline; still acquiring higher-level knowledge and skills. Builds knowledge of the company, processes and customers. Solves a range of straightforward problems. Analyzes possible solutions using standard procedures. Receives a moderate level of guidance and direction.
Support system engineering projects that have a substantial mix of electrical, mechanical, physics, algorithms and software design, and understand the underlying system implications. Contribute to the system engineering specification within the field of one's expertise.
Assist in creating the system engineering specification and write the portion of the system engineering specification pertaining to field of technical expertise.
Perform and coordinate tests, and provide feedback to product engineering, physics, algorithms and software on new designs and ongoing engineering improvements.
Problem identification and troubleshooting of moderately difficult engineering problems in field of technical expertise, including serviceability and manufacturability.
Support System Integration during the assembly and final testing of new product designs.
Ensure that all new designs of hardware and software meets the MRS, and are reliable, safe, user friendly and maintainable by the field.
Assist in defining all external equipment interfaces, analyze architecture ideas and insure they are up to date and documented.
Learn and begin contributing to the systems architecture development process.
- Demonstrates expanded conceptual knowledge in own discipline and broadens capabilities
- Understands key business drivers; uses this understanding to accomplish own work
- No supervisory responsibilities but provides informal guidance to new team members
- Solves problems in straightforward situations; analyzes possible solutions using technical experience and judgment and precedents
- Impacts quality of own work and the work of others on the team; works within guidelines and policies
- Explains complex information to others in straightforward situations
2 - 4 Years of Experience
Applied Materials is committed to diversity in its workforce including Equal Employment Opportunity for Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities.
Primary Location: Massachusetts-MA,Gloucester
Job Title: Systems Engineer II - (E2)
Requisition ID: 1807228
Shift: Day Job
Travel: Yes, 50 % of the Time
Posting Type: Internal / External
Relocation Package: Domestic Lump Sum