Avigilon Research Engineer, Software in Greater Boston, Massachusetts
Research Engineer, Software
Somerville, MA, USA
Avigilon, a Motorola Solutions company, is defining the future of the security industry through innovative end-to-end-solutions. We’re changing the landscape of the surveillance industry through advanced award-winning AI based surveillance systems. Artificial Intelligence is transforming the world and our team is advancing the field as it applies to the surveillance industry. We are proud to be industry leaders in video analytics with products like Appearance Search and Unusual Motion Detection along with our recently launched Avigilon Blue cloud service platform. You will have the opportunity to contribute to intelligent camera surveillance systems through cutting edge research and software engineering.
Avigilon’s solutions have been installed in more than 120 countries at thousands of customer sites, including school campuses, transportation systems, healthcare centers, public venues, critical infrastructure, prisons, factories, casinos, airports, financial institutions, government facilities, and retailers.
Understanding and leveraging the latest technologies helps to innovate exciting new products. Reporting into the CTO’s Advanced Technology Team, the Research Engineer, Software is responsible for leveraging the latest emerging technology to create proof of concept prototypes of future products. The role will involve a broad and diverse understanding of systems with expertise in software engineering. The Avigilon Presence Detector http://avigilon.com/products/video-surveillance/radar/ is one example of groundbreaking technology that has made its way from this team’s research into production.
• Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, or Computer Science
• Strong background in software engineering, software design and architecture
• Practical experience writing C++ multi-threaded, multi-process software for embedded Linux systems
• Familiarity with Python and Python libraries
• Understanding of and proven ability with operating system concepts including processes, threads, mutexes, interrupt handling, and exception handling
• Understanding of embedded design considerations including C/C++ memory management, microprocessor architectures, instruction efficiency, and I/O timing
• Expert at cross-compiling and integrating open source software for target architectures
• Hands-on experience in prototyping systems that include hardware and software
• Familiarity with hardware especially embedded systems
• Working knowledge of embedded inter-device communications
• Passion for learning new technologies and can-do attitude
• Effective verbal and written communications skills
• Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to succeed in a team-based collaborative environment
• Innate curiosity with a passion for applying technology
Preference will be given to candidates with the following skills and experience:
• Experience in computer vision
• Experience in sensors
• Expertise in rapid prototyping of embedded systems
• Expertise in open source packages such as OpenCV etc.
System ID: 2018-2991
Job Type (EN): Permanent Full Time
External Company Name: Avigilon Corporation