ManTech *Information Systems Security Manager II* in Hanscom, Massachusetts
Secure our Nation, Ignite your Future
Become an integral part of a diverse team while working at an Industry Leading Organization, where our employees come first. At ManTech International Corporation, you’ll help protect our national security while working on innovative projects that offer opportunities for advancement.
Currently, ManTech is seeking a motivated, career and customer-oriented ISSM II to join our team at Hanscom, MA.
The ISSM’s primary function serves as a principal advisor on all matters, technical and otherwise, involving the security of information systems under their purview. Primary support will be working within Special Access Programs (SAPs) supporting Department of Defense (DoD) agencies, such as HQ Air Force, Office of the Secretary of Defense, and Military Compartment efforts. The position will provide “day-to-day” support for Collateral, Sensitive Compartmented Information (SCI) and Special Access Program (SAP) activities.
Performance shall include:
• Perform oversight of the development, implementation and evaluation of information system security program policy; special emphasis placed upon integration of existing SAP network infrastructures
• Develop and oversee operational information systems security implementation policy and guidelines of network security, based upon the Risk Management Framework (RMF) with emphasize on Joint Special Access Program Implementation Guide (JSIG) authorization process
• Advise customer on Risk Management Framework (RMF) assessment and authorization issues
• Perform risk assessments and make recommendations to DoD agency customers
• Advise government program managers on security testing methodologies and processes
• Evaluate authorization documentation and provide written recommendations for authorization to government PMs
• Develop and maintain a formal Information Systems Security Program
• Ensure that all IAOs, network administrators, and other cyber security personnel receive the necessary technical and security training to carry out their duties
• Develop, review, endorse, and recommend action by the AO or DAO of system assessment documentation
• Ensure approved procedures are in place for clearing, sanitizing, and destroying various types of hardware and media
• Develop and execute security assessment plans that include verification that the features and assurances required for each protection level functioning
• Maintain a and/or applicable repository for all system authorization documentation and modifications
• Institute and implement a Configuration Control Board (CCB) charter
• Develop policies and procedures for responding to security incidents, to include investigating and reporting security violations and incidents
• Ensure proper protection or corrective measures have been taken when an incident or vulnerability has been discovered within a system
• Ensure that data ownership and responsibilities are established for each authorization boundary, to include accountability, access rights, and special handling requirements
• Ensure development and implementation of an information security education, training, and awareness program, to include attending, monitoring, and presenting local cyber security training.
• Evaluate threats and vulnerabilities to ascertain whether additional safeguards are needed
• Assess changes in the system, its environment, and operational needs that could affect the authorization
• Ensure that authorization is accomplished a valid Authorization determination has been given for all authorization boundaries under your purview
• Review AIS assessment plans
• Coordinate with PSO or cognizant security official on approval of external information systems (e.g., guest systems, interconnected system with another organization)
• Conduct periodic assessments of the security posture of the authorization boundaries
• Ensure configuration management (CM) for security-relevant changes to software, hardware, and firmware and that they are properly documented
• Ensure periodic testing is conducted to evaluate the security posture of IS by employing various intrusion/attack detection and monitoring tools (shared responsibility with ISSOs)
• Ensure that system recovery and reconstitution processes developed and monitored to ensure that the authorization boundary can be recovered based on its availability level determination
• Ensure all authorization documentation is current and accessible to properly authorized individuals
• Ensure that system security requirements are addressed during all phases of the system life cycle
• Develop Assured File Transfers (AFT) on accordance with the JSIG
• Participate in self-inspections
• Conduct the duties of the Information System Security Officer (ISSO) if one is not present and/or available
• 5 - 7 years related experience
• Prior performance in roles such as ISSO or ISSM
• Bachelor’s degree in a related area or equivalent experience (4 years)
• Must meet position and certification requirements outlined in DoD Directive 8570.01-M for Information Assurance Technician Level II or Information Assurance Manager Level I within 6 months of the date of hire.
• Current Top Secret Clearance with SCI Eligibility
• Eligibility for access to Special Access Program Information
• Willingness to submit to a Counterintelligence polygraph
• The person in this position frequently communicates with co-workers, management and customers, which may involve delivering presentations. Must be able to exchange accurate information in these situations
• The person in this position needs to occasionally move about inside the office
• The person in this position will need to be able to operate a computer and other office productivity machinery, such as a calculator, copy machine and computer printer.
Must be able to remain in a stationary position 50%.
Needs to occasionally move about inside the office to access file cabinets, office machinery, etc.
Constantly operates a computer and other office productivity machinery, such as a calculator, copy machine and computer printer.
Often positions self to maintain computers in the lab, including under the desks and in the server closet.
Frequently communicates with co-workers, management and customers, which may involve delivering presentations. Must be able to exchange accurate information in these situations.
May be asked to move Audio/Visual or Computer equipment
For all positions requiring access to technology/software source code that is subject to export control laws, employment with the company is contingent on either verifying U.S.-person status or obtaining any necessary license. The applicant will be required to answer certain questions for export control purposes, and that information will be reviewed by compliance personnel to ensure compliance with federal law. ManTech may choose not to apply for a license for such individuals whose access to export-controlled technology or software source code may require authorization and may decline to proceed with an applicant on that basis alone.
ManTech International Corporation, as well as its subsidiaries proactively fulfills its role as an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, national origin, marital status, physical or mental disability, status as a Disabled Veteran, Recently Separated Veteran, Active Duty Wartime or Campaign Badge Veteran, Armed Forces Services Medal, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a position with ManTech through its online applicant system, please contact ManTech's Corporate EEO Department at (703) 218-6000. ManTech is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer - minorities, females, disabled and protected veterans are urged to apply. ManTech's utilization of any external recruitment or job placement agency is predicated upon its full compliance with our equal opportunity/affirmative action policies. ManTech does not accept resumes from unsolicited recruiting firms. We pay no fees for unsolicited services.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access http://www.mantech.com/careers/Pages/careers.aspx as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation please click firstname.lastname@example.org and provide your name and contact information.
- ManTech Jobs