Greater Lawrence Community Action Council Chief Program Officer in Lawrence, Massachusetts
Employee Name: Employee Status: Full-time, benefit eligible
Position Title: Chief Program Officer FLSA Category: Exempt
Division: Administration Grade:
Program: Administration Hours/Week: 35
Manager Title: Chief Operations Officer Weeks/Year: 52
The Chief Program Officer (CPO) is responsible for developing, implementing, supervising, and evaluating the effectiveness of GLCAC’s programming across the agency, and providing internal leadership to the organization in partnership with the CEO. With guidance from the CEO and other executive managers, works to enhance the existing programming and services to maximize service delivery and ensure they are exceeding GLCAC standards. Oversees and manages the development of new programs; provides guidance to program directors and managers, staff, and volunteers. Additionally, the incumbent cultivates and sustains relationships with funders and other service providers, takes leadership in the creation and implementation of internal policies and procedures.
Essential Functions/Key Responsibilities:
• Provide strong day-to-day leadership in functional areas of responsibility.
• Develop implement, and supervise all GLCAC programming in coordination with the CEO and executive team.
• Oversee the coordination, integration, and delivery of all programs, contracts, and related services, with support from Division Directors, Directors and Managers, while promoting collaborative relationships between program areas and ensuring that the expectations of funders, partners, constituents, clients, and other stakeholders are consistently met.
• Support the Director of Program Development and Evaluation in data-informed program assessments, to take an active leadership role on the programmatic and operational decision-making process, determine the feasibility and sustainability of programs as well as lead to more effective and efficient service delivery.
• Monitor emerging needs among key stakeholders such as clients, government, philanthropy, and employers.
• Directly supervise Division Directors, Directors and Managers to provide the support, guidance, and mentorship needed to ensure smooth program operations and optimal service delivery.
• Create and supports a high-performing culture in the program department aligned with the agency’s mission, vision, and core values.
• Develop a team-based environment to motivate and inspire staff to work collaboratively toward vision and goal, by clearly communicating the agency vision, implementing yearly staff development plans, and providing mentoring support.
• Assist in establishing the annual program and departmental goals and objectives, and track results against these goals as well as accountability protocols, in coordination with the Director of Planning and Development, the CEO, and other relevant senior leadership team members.
• Support responding to government and foundation requests for proposals and applications in partnership with development and senior staff.
• Participate in the budget development process and works closely with the CFO, Controller and Finance Department to budget and monitor programmatic operations to ensure sound fiscal and system management.
• Analyze the current technology systems that support the growth of specific programs and the organization overall to ensure capacity and ongoing program support
• Represent GLCAC and the agency’s CEO, on related committees and task forces, as well as at speaking engagements, conference panels, and other relevant settings.
• Provide other duties as required by the position and Agency needs.
Skills & Qualifications:
• Bachelor’s degree in Nonprofit Management, Business/Public Administration, or a related field required; Master’s Degree strongly desired.
• A minimum of five years of leadership experience in nonprofits, Community Action Agencies, government, or philanthropy, overseeing multiple programs or contracts ideally at an organization serving low-income communities.
• Commitment to the GLCAC’s mission and purpose and an ability to communicate this commitment to others.
• Demonstrated experience managing a high-performing team in a multi-site structure including professional development and mentorship.
• Comprehensive working knowledge of program planning and development, organizational structure, budgeting, and administrative operations.
• Excellent communication skills, both written and oral, with the ability to represent the organization externally across a wide range of stakeholders and constituencies.
• Strong relationship-builder with the ability to find common ground to build consensus and strengthen the collaboration among diverse stakeholders.
• Strong community awareness and astuteness.
• Ability to successfully navigate in a fast-paced and outcomes-driven environment.
• Demonstrated commitment to the values of diversity, inclusiveness, and empowerment.
• Ability to work effectively with and meet the needs of people from a diverse range of backgrounds, cultures, and identities, including underserved communities and people from the different racial groups, socioeconomic statuses, nationalities, and languages that make up the GLCAC’s staff and clientele.
Supervisory Responsibility: Yes
Travel: May be required
Physical Demands: This job regularly requires the employee to sit, walk and stand as well as use hands
repetitively to handle or operate standard office equipment. The employee is occasionally required to kneel,
crouch, or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or
move up to 25 pounds.
Work Environment: This job operates in a professional office environment and uses standard office
equipment, such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets, and fax machines.
Disclaimer & Acknowledgement Signature:
The job description is not designed to cover or constrain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required, nor is it a contract of employment. When duties and responsibilities change and develop, generally the job description will be reviewed and subject to changes of business necessity.
Powered by JazzHR