P3I, Incorporated Data Scientist (0002431) in Lexington, Massachusetts
Data Scientist (0002431)
Background: Group 58, The Cyber Analytics and Decision Systems group, is composed of creative, motivated self-starters who share a common passion for helping solve critical National cyber security problems. The group is made up of computer scientist, software and hardware engineers, mathematicians, machine learning researchers and practitioners, system analyst and security architects that firmly believe we can make a difference in the security of the nation.
We are seeking a Data Scientist whom will be working in a fast-paced, customer-focused and challenging environment. The candidate must possess strong problem-solving aptitude, the ability and willingness to constantly learn and update his/her skills, and be able to stablish themselves as a critical player within a team.
The ideal candidate will have extensive experience in data analysis and developing data-driven solutions. The candidate possesses knowledge of applied machine learning and data processing technologies and experience using these skills in real-world environment. The candidate will utilize his/her skills to work independently and apply best practice knowledge in a team environment. Under the direction and in support of Laboratory Staff, the Data Scientist will assist in design and implementation of advanced analytics.
Assignment: This effort seeks to leverage advanced analytics in data science, machine learning and statistics to develop advanced analytics on top of Big Data Platform. The candidate will work with our team of researchers to develop algorithms and analytics for discovery and characterization from voluminous and noisy data. Work will support important aspects of computer network operations and security, including intelligence, situational awareness, and decision support. Work will involve data mining, machine learning, natural language processing, statistical modeling, and software development to characterize cyber systems and user behavior at multiple scales and multiple levels of abstraction.
Required Experience, Skills and Qualifications:
- Candidate will have a PhD plus 5 years minimum experience, or MS plus 8 years minimum experience.
- Candidate will have proficiency in Python, Scala/Java and C++.
- Candidate will have familiarity with python data science libraries: numpy, pandas, scikit-learn.
- Candidate will have familiarity with Big Data technologies, including Apache Spark, Kafka, Accumulo, etc.
- Candidate will have experience with government or Department of Defense information security procedures and policies.
Preferred Experience, Skillsand* Qualifications*
- Candidate should have deep knowledge in networking, theory development and internet protocols.
- Candidate should have project technology leadership.
- Candidate should be a motivated self-starter; able to work independently, or with a group.
- Candidate should have strong communications skills- capable to present findings to internal and external clients.
- Candidate possessing a DOD security clearance is highly desirable.
Candidate must be a US citizen.
Occasional travel may be required.
MUST BE U.S. CITIZEN –All personnel must successfully pass a Commercial Background Investigation (CBI) before receiving facility access and obtain a DoD Interim clearance.
Location: Lexington, Massachusetts
Department: 009-MIT LL
Employment Type: Full-Time
Minimum Experience: Experienced