Huron Consulting Group Digital - Data Governance Advisor, Manager (Nationwide) in Lexington, Massachusetts
Huron is a global consultancy that collaborates with clients to drive strategic growth, ignite innovation and navigate constant change. Through a combination of strategy, expertise and creativity, we help clients accelerate operational, digital and cultural transformation, enabling the change they need to own their future.
Join our team as the expert you are now and create your future.
Huron Consulting Group is seeking an experienced Data Governance professional to assist our clients in developing Data Management practices aligned with our clients’ business culture and data needs. In this role, you’ll be responsible for assessing client’s Data Management needs, developing their Data Management strategy & roadmap, and supporting their efforts to initiate, or continue to mature, their Data Governance practices. The incumbent in this position is viewed as a thought leader and we expect them to mentor internal talent and participate in industry forums to expand Huron’s reputation.
· Assist in driving the development of our client’s data management vision and direction that aligns business strategy, architecture, and governance
· Assess client’s data management practices, including technologies, and develop a gap-closing data strategy and roadmap that iteratively improves a client’s maturity to their desired future state
· Provide support during the initiation of client’s Data Governance program, including developing necessary roles & responsibilities, policies, procedures, standards, metrics, and best practices
· Guide our clients in their effort to identify and assign resources to Data Owner, Data Steward, Data Custodian, and other data-centric roles
· Support client in coordinating Data Governance Council and Data Steward Community assuring the program is operating efficiently and effectively
· Mentor client’s key resources to improve their thinking around data governance concepts including improving their understanding of the benefits of data governance policies, procedures, standards, and practices within the context of end-user business needs
· Direct clients in the development of their Data Governance Playbook
· Provide input to client on developing training and education materials to increase data literacy
· Assist clients in developing a data quality management program that ensures high quality data across business processes and business systems which are tracked through measurable quality thresholds
· Support client effort to create a metadata management program for documenting and utilizing consistent terms, definitions, data standards, data lineage, etc. across their organization
· Support the definition of processes to monitor data governance policies, procedures, standards, and practices to ensure data integrity and privacy, establish consistent data definitions, and monitor overall data quality
· Provide client insight into how to streamline business processes which collect, share, utilize, protect, cleanse, standardize, enrich, and store data
· Bachelor’s or master’s degree in business administration, information technology, mathematics, statistics, computer science, or equivalent
· 8+ years’ work experience, with the last 5+ years in a data management related role driving collaborative efforts to develop and implement data standards, policies, practices, and procedures that lead to substantive improvements in data quality
· Ability to think strategically and relate data management decisions and recommendations to business needs and client culture, while being able to identify, quantify, and effectively raise associated business risks (e.g., non-compliance, data quality, etc.)
· Ability to assess an existing organization’s baseline Data Management Maturity and provide recommendations for improvements ensuring that quick wins can be identified
· Demonstrated experience in ensuring stakeholder awareness and engagement to ensure momentum through their active participation
· Experience working with tools used to support data governance including metadata management (i.e., business glossary and data catalog) and data quality (e.g., data profiling, score carding, etc.)
· Strong technical writing demonstrated through the ability to take complex technical concepts and making them easily understood
· Enthusiasm for helping team members improve their skills and grow their careers
· Comfortable working through ambiguous situations to define precise requirements and priorities and drive outcomes
· Strong process development, planning, tracking and presentation skills
· Attention to detail, sense of urgency, and commitment to deadlines
· Strong organizational skills and demonstrated capacity to develop and implement practical strategies, plans and solutions to identified issues and problems
· Experience and exposure to data privacy regulations and their impact on a client’s organization: GDPR, CCPA, etc.
· High proficiency in using MS Office in the use of the Microsoft Office Suite of Tools.
United States of America
Residents of the state of Colorado may receive salary range information for this job through this link .
Huron Consulting Group offers a competitive compensation and benefits package including medical, dental, and vision coverage to employees and dependents; a 401(k) plan with a generous employer match; an employee stock purchase plan; a generous Paid Time Off policy; and paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Our Wellness Program supports employee total well-being by providing free annual health screenings and coaching, bank at work, and on-site workshops, as well as ongoing programs recognizing major events in the lives of our employees throughout the year. All benefits and programs are subject to applicable eligibility requirements.
Huron is fully committed to providing equal employment opportunity to job applicants and employees in recruitment, hiring, employment, compensation, benefits, promotions, transfers, training, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Huron will not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, gender, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, religion, veteran status, physical or mental disability, genetic information, creed, citizenship or any other status protected by laws or regulations in the locations where we do business. We endeavor to maintain a drug-free workplace.
Huron Consulting Group
- Huron Consulting Group Jobs