P3I, Incorporated Software Engineer (0002424) in Lexington, Massachusetts
Software Engineer (0002424)
Assignment: Group 104 seeks Software Engineer to support the research and development of large scale open architecture distributed / cloud-based data processing, analysis, and Artificial Intelligence (AI) projects utilizing agile development methodology. Laboratory technical staff will design the software architecture systems with input from the subcontractors. Under the guidance of Laboratory technical staff, the candidates will perform the coding, development, implementation, integration, and testing of these systems.
The candidates will work as a member of a team which designs and develops software in order to implement large scale open architecture distributed / cloud-based data processing, analysis, and Artificial Intelligence (AI) projects. They will utilize agile development methodology. The candidates must be experienced in software design, development, integration, testing, documentation, and maintenance. Work will be executed primarily in Java in a mixed Windows/Linux environment using open source and custom software stacks.
Required Experience, Skills and Qualifications:
- Candidate will have a MS plus 3 years’ experience or BS plus 5 years. The academic degree will be in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, Physical sciences or a related field.
- Candidate will have strong object-oriented development skills.
- Candidate will have experience developing distributed and cloud-based systems and services.
- Candidate will have experience developing RESTful and/or SOAP based web services.
- Candidate will have Web application server development using Tomcat or other servlet containers.
- Candidate will have background in XML technologies including XSDs, XPATH, XSLT.
- Candidate will have experience with modern development tools such as Eclipse, maven, git, github, JIRA, Jenkins, Puppet, etc.
- Candidate will have experience in applying skills in innovative, cutting edge applications.
- Candidate will work well with in a fast moving, small team environment.
Preferred Experience, Skillsand* Qualifications*
- Candidate should have experience developing scalable architectures in a cloud environment.
- Candidate should have experience with commercial cloud environments such as AWS or Azur.
- Candidate should have knowledge of full software lifecycle automation and testing tools.
- Candidate should have expertise in high performance multi-threaded applications.
- Candidate should have experience with at least one NOSQL database technology.
- Candidate should have familiarity with Big Data technologies such as Spark, Kafka, Hadoop, HBASE.
- Candidate should have familiarity with standard SQL databases and JDBC.
- Candidate should have familiarity with AI/machine learning libraries, software stacks and applications.
- Candidate should have solid understanding of Linux and Windows operating systems, including shell scripting.
- Candidate should have expertise in modern software design patterns and frameworks (Spring, Hibernate, etc.).
- Candidate should have knowledge of securing distributed services using PKI methodologies.
- Candidate having an existing DoD security clearance a plus. Candidate must be a US citizen.
Occasional travel may be required.
MUST BE U.S. CITIZEN –All personnel must successfully pass a Commercial Background Investigation (CBI) before receiving facility access and obtain a DoD clearance.
Location: Lexington, Massachusetts
Department: 009-MIT LL
Employment Type: Full-Time
Minimum Experience: Experienced