P3I, Incorporated Software Programmer (0002432) in Lexington, Massachusetts
Software Programmer (0002432)
Background: The U.S. Government faces serious threats from sophisticated cyber adversaries who seek to access, compromise, and disrupt systems and the missions they support. The Cyber Analytics and Decision Systems Group strive to improve the security of these government systems through the development and deployment of innovative cyber security solutions that rely on the application of sound scientific and engineering principles and methodologies. The group develops threat models, measures, and metrics for security; novel analytics for discovery and characterization of cyber actors; and scalable human-assistive cyber decision support tools. In each of the group's R&D; areas, emphasis is placed on realistic data and rigorous experimental evaluation of techniques. Projects are carried out by small, focused, cooperative teams that succeed together by participating in all phases of technical solution development, including problem analysis, innovative solution design, system architecture, solution prototyping and field-testing, and final technology transfer to DoD and intelligence community sponsors or industry.
Assignment: The Laboratory is looking for a software programmer to realize the vision of a big data analytics platform that leverages data to provide situational awareness decisions, and detection & characterization of anomalous activity.
The candidate will assist in design and implementation of software-defined systems. He/she will develop software to collect, normalize and process network traffic in a big data analytics environment. In addition, the programmer will implement analytical capabilities designed by the team of researchers and test developed capabilities to ensure that performance parameters are met.
Required Experience, Skills and Qualifications:
- Candidate will have a PhD plus 5 years minimum experience, or MS plus 8 years minimum experience.
- Candidate will have strong problem-solving aptitude.
- Candidate will have ability and willingness to constantly learn and update his/her skills.
- Candidate will be capable to work independently and apply best practice knowledge in a team environment.
- Candidate will have knowledge in a number of software languages to include: Java, Python, C/C++.
Preferred Experience, Skillsand* Qualifications*
- Candidate should have proficiency in 2-3 of the following: Python, C/C++, Linux Kernel, and Java.
- Candidate should have familiarity with Big Data technologies.
- Candidate should have knowledge of computer networking and internet protocols.
- Candidate possessing a DOD security clearance is highly desirable.
Candidate must be a US citizen.
Occasional travel may be required.
MUST BE U.S. CITIZEN –All personnel must successfully pass a Commercial Background Investigation (CBI) before receiving facility access and obtain a DoD Interim clearance.
Location: Lexington, Massachusetts
Department: 009-MIT LL
Employment Type: Full-Time
Minimum Experience: Experienced