Digital Prospectors Systems Administrator in Lexington, Massachusetts
Job Type: Contract
Recruiter: Michaella Walsh (https://digitalprospectors.com/our-team/michaella-walsh)
Find your job at www.LoveYourJob.com
Job Title: Systems Administrator
Location : Lexington, MA
Duration: 36 Months and 40 hours per week
*Applicants must possess an active Top Secret Security Clearance without incident for access to classified information.
POST-OFFER BACKGROUND CHECK IS REQUIRED. Digital Prospectors is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
This position will provide critical technical support for a vital security information systems (IS).
• Monitor and maintain system/server configuration.
• Manage system/server resources including performance, capacity, availability, serviceability, and recoverability.
• Diagnose and perform repairs on faulty system/server hardware.
• Install, update, and troubleshoot systems/servers.
• Develop and document systems administration standard operating procedures.
• Plan, execute, and verify data redundancy and system recovery procedures.
• Conduct periodic system maintenance including cleaning (both physically and electronically), disk checks, routine reboots, data dumps, and testing.
• Provide ongoing optimization and problem-solving support.
• Design group policies and access control lists to ensure compatibility with organizational standards, business rules, and needs.
• Maintain knowledge of applicable cyber defense policies, regulations, and compliance documents specifically related to cyber defense auditing.
• Maintain database management systems software.
• Maintain directory replication services that enable information to replicate automatically from rear servers to forward units via optimized routing.
• Perform backup and recovery of databases to ensure data integrity.
• Provide recommendations on new database technologies and architectures.
• Install and configure database management systems and software.
• Prepare digital media for imaging by ensuring data integrity (e.g., write blockers in accordance with standard operating procedures).
• Use specialized equipment, tools, applications, and techniques to catalog, document, extract, collect, package, and preserve digital evidence.
• Conduct network, system, and application vulnerability scanning, configuration assessment, and remediation.
• Serve as a member of the Special Programs Information Security Incident Response Team and assist with efforts in investigations and remediating incidents
-Experience and familiarity with multiple operating systems such as Windows Server 2012, 2016 and 2019, Windows 7 and 10, Red Hat Enterprise Linux, Ubuntu, Mac, etc.
Experience maintaining directory services. (e.g., Microsoft Active Directory, LDAP, etc.).
-Skilled in using virtual machines. (e.g., Microsoft Hyper-V, VMWare vSphere, VMWare Horizon, etc.).
-Experience monitoring and maintaining system/server configuration.
-Experience managing system/server resources including performance, capacity, availability, serviceability, and recoverability.
-Experience diagnosing and performing repairs on faulty system/server hardware.
Installing, updating, and troubleshooting systems/servers.
Experience developing and documenting systems administration standard operating procedures.
-Experience with planning and execution of data redundancy and system recovery procedures.
-Experience in database administration a plus
Technical experience securing networks and systems utilizing DISA STIGs and/or SRGs is highly desired
-Current Active Top Secret clearance is required.
-Candidates must be able to relocate to MA to work onsite from the first day as the nature of this work requires an onsite presence. The team will be open to relocation candidates as long as they are committed to an immediate move.
Our client, one of the most prestigious Research and Development Labs in the country, is working on solutions to our nation's most complex defense and commercial related challenges. We have placed hundreds of talented engineers with this client over the years - If you are qualified - we can get you in!!!
The mission is critical and the work is as cutting-edge as it is rewarding. The teams are superbly managed groups of world class engineers from all types of interesting and diverse backgrounds - AND THEY ARE HIRING!
Make this your next career move as one of our many long-term contractors or employees!
Work as our full-time employee with full benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision, STD, LTD, PTO, Retirement, etc.) - OR - work as a W2 hourly contractor at a higher pay rate if you don't need the benefit package.
ABOUT DIGITAL PROSPECTORS:
Founded in 1999, Digital Prospectors is an award-winning recruiting and consulting firm that specializes in placing contract, contract-to-hire and direct hire engineers into rewarding opportunities with our impressive and ever-growing client base. We believe that all people should love their jobs.
Come see why Digital Prospectors has been voted “ Best Staffing Firm to Temp For ” by Staffing Industry Analysts, " Best of Staffing " for candidate satisfaction by Inavero / CareerBuilder.com, " Top Temporary Placement Firm " by Boston Business Journal, " Best Company To Work For " by Business NH magazine, " Excellence in IT and Engineering Staffing ” by TechServe Alliance, " Top IT Services Company " by Inc. Magazine, " Most Reliable Staffing Agency " in Forbes Magazine and " Top Ranked Staffing Firm " by Staffing Industry Analysts.
- Digital Prospectors Jobs