Odyssey Systems Consulting Group, Ltd. Hardware Design Engineer in Lincoln, Massachusetts
Our client develops technology solutions that enhance the efficiency and resiliency of both tactical and domestic energy systems. This includes developing advanced architectures and system designs to improve the resiliency of power generation sources, handheld portable electronics, critical large load power supplies, and developing hardware and real-time simulation testbeds.
The client is seeking a Hardware Design Engineer. This candidate will perform design and development/testing of power electronics and the usage of microprocessor controllers, including firmware development as well as PC board layout. The candidate should have familiarity operating high power lab equipment, experience prototyping control software, experience designing high power electrical systems for long term testing including thermal considerations. Familiarity with high level languages used for control scripting is a plus
Duties include, but not limited to:
Designs, develops, and tests computer hardware, including computer systems, circuit boards, computer chips, keyboards, routers, and printers. Supervises the manufacturing, production, and installation of the parts. Designs and oversees the production of computer hardware equipment. Tests and re-tests parts to ensure they work properly. Identifies and isolates defects. Designs and develops the software systems that control computers. Designs and tests circuits and other electronic components. Test’s work and refines processes. Integrates components into the final design. Evaluates the effectiveness of the design and change if necessary. Generates specifications for parts. Controls the efficiency of processes. Builds, tests and modifies product prototypes. Analyzes information and recommend appropriate hardware to users. Designs support peripherals, including central processing units (CPUs), support logic, microprocessors, custom integrated circuits, and printers and disk drives. Specifies power supply requirements and configuration. Retrieves data for analysis of system capabilities. Experience with Hardware engineering software (Altium Designer, Orcad, Cadence Allegro) and Electronics tools (soldering irons, magnifiers)
• The engineer will meet with project designers and assess power requirements for the sub-system design.
• They will propose sub-system architecture and power topology capable of best meeting the requirements.
• The candidate will work in the lab with other engineers and technicians to build a prototype, test to requirements, and integrate into the larger system.
• Responsibilities will include the conceptualization, design, development, testing and documentation of architectures and control systems to support Department of Defense power delivery sub-systems
• Must be a U.S. citizen with ability to obtain and maintain a secret clearance
• Bachelor's Degree with 6 years of experience required. Advance degrees may be substituted for years of experience
• Experience in power electronics and microprocessor system design and analysis.
• Experience with oscilloscopes, high power lab supplies, and loads is necessary.
• Strong laboratory and field experience is required along with the ability to support project engineers in all phases of prototype power supply development.
• Circuit design, schematic capture, and board layout experience is a must though this process will sometimes be done with the support of others. The candidate should have familiarity operating high power lab equipment, experience prototyping control software, experience designing high power electrical systems for long term test including thermal considerations.
• Familiarity with high level languages used for control scripting is a plus.
• Experience with design techniques and parts technologies that are used for discrete power electronics as well as wiring, cabling, connector and harness systems to meet Mil Std 461 EMC requirements is highly desirable.
• Additional familiarity with best practices for grounding, shielding and bonding is desired.
WORKING LOCATIONS & ADDITIONAL INFO
• Location: Lexington, MA
• Travel: Not anticipated
• Employment Status: Full-Time Employee with full benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision, STD, LTD, PTO, Retirement)
• Other: All candidates must also successfully pass a Commercial Background Investigation (CBI). Investigation (CBI).
This job posting sets forth the authorities and responsibilities of this position, which may be changed from time to time as shall be determined.
Odyssey Systems Consulting Group, is an innovative small business committed to providing world-class technical, management, and training support services to government and public sector clients. We focus on people, processes, and performance to deliver superior results. Since our inception in 1997, our commitment to mission success and customer satisfaction has been recognized with exponential growth and exceptional past performance ratings. We accept challenging assignments and drive projects from the planning stages, through implementation, and into operations and support.
Please note: Final compensation for this position will be determined by various factors such as the Federal Government contract labor categories and contract wage rates, relevant work experience, specific skills and competencies, geographic location, education, and certifications.
In accordance with Odyssey's legal obligation to comply with Presidential Executive Order 14042, and Department of Defense and Federal Acquisition Regulation implementation directives, this position requires as a condition of employment that you be fully vaccinated against Covid-19, and provide proof of full vaccination, or have a legal exemption from vaccination before commencing employment.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
External Company Name: Odyssey Systems Consulting Group, Ltd.
External Company URL: https://www.odysseyconsult.com
Street: 55 Old Bedford Road