Kronos Director, Engineering in Lowell, Massachusetts
Lowell - Massachusetts - USA
UKG Products and Technology group has an immediate need for a Director, Software Engineering to focus on our Dimensions product, reporting to the Senior Director of Engineering. The successful candidate will be someone who enjoys complex technical challenges and can bring success in delivering rapid release cycles and adapt quickly and effectively to changing priorities.
• Ability to work with multiple offshore teams to ensure successful delivery of high quality features on time.
• Be a champion of engineering and operational excellence, establish team metrics for the measurement of engineering productivity and manage a regular process for continuous improvement
• Strong interest in managing, mentoring and motivating senior and junior software engineers; someone who is good at both giving and receiving honest and constructive feedback
• Level-headed, focused manager who can pay attention to detail as needed, but does not lose the big picture
• A strong drive for getting features done quickly and successfully
• Passion for technology and personal interest in keeping abreast of latest technology developments and engineering management practices
• Strong communicator, with ability to effectively communicate within the engineering team and across departments and geographies; someone who can both explain his/her perspective and work collaboratively to come to timely and well-understood decisions
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or equivalent related experience
• 10+ years of Experience in Software Development and 3+ years leading/managing teams
• Experience with managing contract teams.
• Experience managing teams in a SaaS enterprise product in AWS, Google, or Azure
• Exceptional understanding of web application design and familiarity with technologies such as Java, Spring, Hibernate, and Angular
• Experience working with development teams in an Agile/Scaled-Agile environment
• A management style that is compatible and complimentary with the existing company culture. Key attributes include transparency, integrity, collaborative decision making, and an informal but direct communication style
• A balanced individual, both personally and professionally, with a sense of humor and fun; someone who will add positive energy to the company’s environment through his/her personality
• Interest and ability in being a positive advocate for change. Not afraid to shake things up for the long term good of the business
Here at UKG, Our Purpose Is People. UKG combines the strength and innovation of Ultimate Software and Kronos, uniting two award-winning, employee-centered cultures. Our employees are an extraordinary group of talented, energetic, and innovative people who care about more than just work. We strive to create a culture of belonging and an employee experience that empowers our people. UKG has more than 13,000 employees around the globe and is known for its inclusive workplace culture. Ready to be inspired? Learn more at www.ukg.com/careers
Equal Opportunity Employer
Kronos, a UKG Company, is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law.
View The EEO is the Law poster at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm and its supplement at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm . at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm
View the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp_formattedESQA508c.pdf
Kronos participates in E-Verify. View the E-Verify posters here at https://www.e-verify.gov/sites/default/files/everify/posters/EVerifyParticipationPoster.pdf .
For individuals with disabilities that need additional assistance at any point in the application and interview process, please email KronosCareers@kronos.com or please call1 (978) 250 9800.
- Kronos Jobs