UKG (Ultimate Kronos Group) Director, IT Enterprise Architecture (SaaS experience) in Lowell, Massachusetts
Director, IT Enterprise Architecture (SaaS experience)
Lowell - Massachusetts - USA, Weston - Florida - USA
Description & Requirements
The Director, Enterprise Architecture will lead a new enterprise architecture team that will define, implement and enforce an overall architecture practice, including principles and standards. The ability to understand our current and future business processes and strategy and align them to the current and future technology roadmap is an important aspect of the job. Communicating high level technology strategies and goals while also being able to dive deeply into technology issues is critical to the success of this position.
The scope of the job includes understanding and aligning business objectives, functions and processes with IT strategy, organization, operations, budgeting, objectives, functions, processes, resourcing and structure. The team will provide high, medium, and low-level architecture drawings and plans for a variety of IT functions including business applications, shared services, infrastructure, networking, collaboration, and support.
• Create, maintain and enforce a system, integration, infrastructure and organizational architecture model that reflects our strategies and goals; Act as visionary and strategist for technology solutions
• Collaborative brainstorming and selling of ideas to the IT Senior Leadership team; Collaboratively participate in presenting and substantiating designs, pros and cons, budgets and timelines
• Collaborate with Project Managers, IT managers, domain architects, and others to provide estimates, develop overall implementation solution plans, and serve as a leader as required to ensure the solution gets implemented; Present back to stakeholders, including executives, how architectural options will meet their needs
• Work with the IT PMO team to create and implement a systems vision and multi-year plan, including effort and budgeting estimates; Ensure that solutions to complex requirements align with the long-term technology roadmap
• Responsible for the development and presentation of the overall vision that underlies the proposed solution and then assists in transforming that vision through execution into the solution; Provide expertise to identify and translate system requirements into solution design and architecture documentation
• Provide architectural design thought leadership and collaboration; Establish architecture review board and other vehicles for ensuring adherence to architectural principles
• Maintain a future view of technology trends, aligning and evolving the technology roadmap accordingly; Evaluate our systems (applications and infrastructure) and recommend operational and/or technical efficiencies, cost savings and alignment with business and technology goals
• Identify ways to increase employee knowledge and skills to support future growth and technology changes and advances; Responsible for understanding internal and external customer needs/requirements and designing systems that allow business users to transform themselves through the creative and cutting-edge use of technology. This involves performing modeling, analysis and planning in order to implement solutions that will meet business needs within financial budget guidelines. This may include researching software and hardware products or services, and defining the best, most cost-effective solutions to meet the business requirements.
• Mentor and guide more junior resources
Desired Skills and Experience
• Communication is a key skill; The ability to match technologies to business objectives and explain it in layman’s terms is mandatory; Must be current on technologies and systems and be able to explain them to audiences of all levels and functions
• Must be organized and analytical, adept at working in a team environment, able to design and implement a project schedule, and able to handle multiple priorities; Must demonstrate good judgment and pragmatic approach to delivering software that optimizes architecture activities across company needs, business constraints and technological realities.
• Problem solving: Problems will sometimes be complex or unique – the EA leader must be able to evaluate and solve them; Big Picture thinking: Must be able to look at a problem or situation from multiple angles, avoid tunnel vision, and explain them clearly.
• Process orientation: Thinking in terms of process is essential. The ability to build repeatable, reusable processes is a key skill; People skills: Interacting with people is a constant with this job. Having great people skills is a must.
• Portfolio management: while not directly responsible for this the EA director will be a key contributor to the plan and how many of the core elements come together; Negotiation: the ability to get things accomplished at the decision-making table.
• Strategic project support: The ability to “jump in” and help during a major systems project to ensure its success is a key capability.
Additional preferred qualifications are:
• Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, MIS or equivalent preferred
Here at UKG, Our Purpose Is People. UKG combines the strength and innovation of Ultimate Software and Kronos, uniting two award-winning, employee-centered cultures. Our employees are an extraordinary group of talented, energetic, and innovative people who care about more than just work. We strive to create a culture of belonging and an employee experience that empowers our people. UKG has more than 13,000 employees around the globe and is known for its inclusive workplace culture. Ready to be inspired? Learn more at www.ukg.com/careers
Equal Opportunity Employer
Ultimate Kronos Group is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and is committed to maintaining a diverse and inclusive work environment. All qualified applicants will receive considerations for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, marital status, familial status, sexual orientation, pregnancy, genetic information, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, veteran status, and any other legally protected status under federal, state, or local anti-discrimination laws.
ViewThe EEO is the Law poster (https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm) and its supplement .
View thePay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision (https://www.dol.gov/sites/dolgov/files/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp_%20English_formattedESQA508c.pdf)
UKG participates in E-Verify. View the E-Verify postershere (https://www.e-verify.gov/sites/default/files/everify/posters/EVerifyParticipationPoster.pdf) .
For individuals with disabilities that need additional assistance at any point in the application and interview process, please email UKGCareers@ukg.com or please call1 (978) 250 9800.
UKG (Ultimate Kronos Group)
- UKG (Ultimate Kronos Group) Jobs