Kronos Lead Engineer in Lowell, Massachusetts
Lowell - Massachusetts - USA
Kronos is looking for an experienced, hands-on software engineer to join our team in Chelmsford, MA. You will play a key role in the development and maintenance of Kronos Time Clocks. This position requires strong C/C++ and Java skills on embedded ARM platforms.
• Collaborate closely with other members of your scrum team, while designing and implementing sound solutions to your product owner’s use cases.
• Contribute to the definition, elaboration, and execution of your team’s epics and stories.
• Should have an affinity for, and the ability to, influence and mentor more junior developers in an effort to continuously improve the tools, skills, and processes of the team.
• Develop and maintain software for Linux and Android running on ARM processors.
• Will be responsible for software integration of RS-232 or USB peripherals as well as flash storage devices.
• Maintain OS stack layers related to networking and security.
The following core skills are required for success in this position:
•Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science/Engineering
•8+ years of hands-on development experience where 3+ years working within a truly agile development team
•Significant experience in C/C++/Java for Embedded Systems with a track record of delivering high-quality software on time
The ideal candidate will also have the following skills and experience:
• Experience with Android or developing software for microcontrollers
• Experience with File-systems (ext4, FAT)
• Experience cross-compiling open-source software for Linux and Android
• Experience developing software for bare-metal microcontrollers and using FreeRTOS or similar stacks.
You’re empowered when you’re a Kronite.
Want to be part of an elite group of highly skilled professionals? We think our employees are a special group of talented, energetic, and innovative people. And for that reason, we refer to ourselves as Kronites. Kronites care about more than just work. We recognize the need to maintain a healthy work-life balance – to live inspired. In fact, it’s expected! You’ll soon learn that we take work and fun seriously. No matter what position you hold at Kronos, you’re a Kronite. And we want you to feel like you have the power to make a difference in your life and the lives of others, at work and beyond. Want to learn more about our culture? Follow us on Twitter @work4kronos. #MyWorkInspired
Kronos is a global provider of workforce management and human capital management cloud solutions. Kronos’ industry-specific workforce applications are purpose built for businesses, healthcare providers, educational institutions and government agencies of all sizes. Tens of thousands of organizations – including half of the Fortune 1000® - and more than 40 million people in over 100 countries use Kronos every day.
Kronos is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and is committed to maintaining a diverse and inclusive work environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, physical or mental disability, age, or veteran status or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law.