Kronos Mid-Level Technical Support Engineer/Specialist in Lowell, Massachusetts
Mid-Level Technical Support Engineer/Specialist
Lowell - Massachusetts - USA
Professional Services and Consulting
The Technical Support Engineer delivers comprehensive high quality telephone support on Kronos SMB software and hardware products. The Application Support Specialist is expected to deliver high quality support utilizing outstanding customer service skills and techniques that promote customer satisfaction and retention.
This position will provide end user support for the Workforce Dimensions Product.
• Help Desk support of assigned cases including outbound call backs, e-mails and support tickets
• Use of knowledge and experience to resolve difficult problems submitted by end-users while making use of debugging skills and problem solving abilities
• Ability to research problems independently and identify root cause of issues using problem determination skills
• Timely, accurate, and complete responses to inquiries
• Understands and possesses solid problem solving and troubleshooting techniques to efficiently validate/escalate customer issues and demonstrates awareness of Key Performance Indicators and personal metrics and their impact on service level agreements
• Phone support during regularly scheduled phone shifts
• Demonstrates ability to effectively set and manage internal/external customer expectations
• Effectively manage stress with the proven ability to handle difficult customer situations while remaining positive and customer-focused.
• Late Shift and On Call availability if needed
•Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Computer Science or related field with 3 plus years experience in application customer support, including a minimum of one year supporting Kronos products.
•Background experience in retail or healthcare environment with a knowledge of employee scheduling preferred
•Working knowledge of PC's, operating systems, web technologies, communications protocols, and a demonstrated ability to troubleshoot complex technical problems on multiple platforms
•Minimum 12 months experience providing high quality technical support on Kronos products, in Windows and /or UNIX environments
•Previous SQL scripting and database experience with MS SQL and Oracle platforms
•Ability to document complex technical cases and communicate requirements both verbally and in writing
•Experience and demonstrated ability in conflict resolution and customer service techniques
You’re empowered when you’re a Kronite.
Want to be part of an elite group of highly skilled professionals? We think our employees are a special group of talented, energetic, and innovative people. And for that reason, we refer to ourselves as Kronites. Kronites care about more than just work. We recognize the need to maintain a healthy work-life balance – to live inspired. In fact, it’s expected! You’ll soon learn that we take work and fun seriously. No matter what position you hold at Kronos, you’re a Kronite. And we want you to feel like you have the power to make a difference in your life and the lives of others, at work and beyond. Want to learn more about our culture? Follow us on Twitter @work4kronos. #MyWorkInspired
Kronos is a global provider of workforce management and human capital management cloud solutions. Kronos’ industry-specific workforce applications are purpose built for businesses, healthcare providers, educational institutions and government agencies of all sizes. Tens of thousands of organizations – including half of the Fortune 1000® - and more than 40 million people in over 100 countries use Kronos every day.
Kronos is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and is committed to maintaining a diverse and inclusive work environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, physical or mental disability, age, or veteran status or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law.