UKG (Ultimate Software Group) Network Engineer in Lowell, Massachusetts
Lowell - Massachusetts - USA
Software & Product Development
Description & Requirements
Want to work with a fantastic team on some cutting-edge technologies for an employer just recently ranked #2 by Forbes Magazine in their “America’s Best Employers 2021” report? The UKG Cloud Network team is seeking a Senior Network Engineer with real-world private and public cloud experience to join our SaaS delivery team, supporting our private and public cloud solutions. As our products grow, we are continually enhancing our cloud-based infrastructure to scale and improve our services’ performance, scalability and reliability. In this exciting and dynamic role, you will help improve and support the networking and security systems for our public and private cloud environments. With the tremendous growth we are experiencing, UKG is looking for individuals who come together with teammates to share knowledge and skills across the global organization.
The position requires practical hands-on knowledge and a strong understanding of network technologies. As we believe security is everyone’s responsibility, a strong understanding of security concepts and technology is required. The responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Recognize, identify and prioritize incidents and alerts in accordance with organizational policies and operational impact
• Provide daily monitoring, analysis and timely resolution/mitigation of incidents
• Provide daily management and operational support interacting directly with our Customers and service providers
• Identify incident trends, provide root cause analysis and collaborate across the team for timely resolution/mitigation
• Provide network deployment, configuration, support and upgrades of Firewalls, Load balancers, WAN accelerators, Switches, Routers and DNS as well as WAN circuits, MPLS and VPN services
• Interface across the organization to drive action and mitigation of vulnerabilities
• Identify automation opportunities for repeatable tasks to achieve consistency, reliability and efficiency of service delivery and drive continuous improvement across all processes and technology
• Participate in 24x7 system support rotation and handle escalations in a high-pressure environment
• Assist in the development and implementation of standardized IT practices and procedures
• Develop documentation in the form of basic How To documents, design documentation, performance and reporting as well as operational procedures
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Electronics or Electrical Engineering or equivalent experience
• 4+ years of proven and real-world experience/knowledge of networking concepts; switches, routers, firewalls, as well as protocols such as TCP/IP, UDP, TLS, OSPF and BGP
• Extensive knowledge of both layer 3 and layer 7 Firewalls and IDS/IPS. Juniper and Palo Alto experience would be a plus
• Proficiency with Network load balancing appliances and business-to-business VPN setup and support. F5 and Cisco platforms would be a plus
• Experience analyzing and troubleshooting incidents related to network security alerts
• Strong knowledge of information security concepts (OWASP, DDoS, CVEs, IoCs, TTPs, Cryptography)
• Experience in the deployment, support and Continuous Improvement of scalable and highly available public and private cloud networks
• Strong skills in problem solving, collaboration and communication and a personal commitment to quality
• Experience with Linux/Unix command line and command line tools, automation and orchestration tools and languages, such as Ansible and Python, for automation of network tasks will be a plus
• Knowledge of Public Cloud environments (GCP, AWS, AZURE) and associated networking technologies (VPCs, Shared VPC, Load Balancing, etc.) will be a plus
Here at UKG, Our Purpose Is People. UKG combines the strength and innovation of Ultimate Software and Kronos, uniting two award-winning, employee-centered cultures. Our employees are an extraordinary group of talented, energetic, and innovative people who care about more than just work. We strive to create a culture of belonging and an employee experience that empowers our people. UKG has more than 13,000 employees around the globe and is known for its inclusive workplace culture. Ready to be inspired? Learn more at www.ukg.com/careers
Equal Opportunity Employer
Kronos, a UKG Company, is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law.
ViewThe EEO is the Law poster (https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm) and its supplement .
View thePay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision (https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp_formattedESQA508c.pdf)
Kronos participates in E-Verify. View the E-Verify postershere (https://www.e-verify.gov/sites/default/files/everify/posters/EVerifyParticipationPoster.pdf) .
For individuals with disabilities that need additional assistance at any point in the application and interview process, please email KronosCareers@kronos.com or please call1 (978) 250 9800.
- Kronos Jobs