Kronos Principal Engineer in Lowell, Massachusetts
Lowell - Massachusetts - USA
Software & Product Development
UKG is looking for an experienced software engineer to join our world class engineering team in Lowell, Massachusetts, USA. The role requires a strong technical leader with a passion for software development and strong Cloud experience. You will play a key role in the troubleshooting of our SaaS offering, in a highly collaborative, agile environment. This role provides the opportunity to:
• Work with state-of-the-art Cloud technologies.
• Analyze and Design scalable & high-performance software products using modeling techniques and software design patterns.
• Troubleshoot, Analyze and resolve complex customer reported using tools like Dynatrace, Splunk, heap dump and thread dump analyzers in Cloud native SaaS product/applications.
• Design and develop Object Oriented and Service Oriented software with practical use of design patterns.
• Writing well-designed, testable, efficient code as a contributing member of the team, primarily using Java.
• Influence others in the organization with your ideas for new techniques and concepts
• Influencing and mentoring more junior developers to continuously improve the tools, skills, and processes of the team.
• Participates in code and design reviews to ensure quality and conformance to product standards.
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science/Engineering or equivalent experience
• 8-12 years of hands-on development experience
• Strong experience to design, build and troubleshoot cloud native SAAS products /applications, including an understanding of security and multi-tenancy
• Significant experience in Java and J2EE stack
• Experience with Spring and Hibernate
• Skilled at object-oriented analysis and design and experience with design patterns
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Track record of delivering high quality software on time and/or strong troubleshooting skills
• Strong hands-on experience with tools like Dynatrace, Splunk, tools for thread and heap dump analyses.
• Experience with databased like PostgreSQL, Oracle. Able to troubleshoot Database performance issues.
• Experience using one or more ORM frameworks such as Hibernate/JPA
• Experience using one or more application frameworks such as Spring
• Good experience of Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery process (CI/CD).
The following is a plus:
• Good to have some exposure to NoSQL Databases like Cassandra
• Experience using one or more application containers such as JBoss or Tomcat
• Experience with Kubernetes
Here at UKG, Our Purpose Is People. UKG combines the strength and innovation of Ultimate Software and Kronos, uniting two award-winning, employee-centered cultures. Our employees are an extraordinary group of talented, energetic, and innovative people who care about more than just work. We strive to create a culture of belonging and an employee experience that empowers our people. UKG has more than 13,000 employees around the globe and is known for its inclusive workplace culture. Ready to be inspired? Learn more at www.ukg.com/careers
Equal Opportunity Employer
Kronos, a UKG Company, is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law.
View The EEO is the Law poster (https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm) and its supplement .
View the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision (https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp_formattedESQA508c.pdf)
Kronos, a UKG Company participates in E-Verify. View the E-Verify posters here (https://www.e-verify.gov/sites/default/files/everify/posters/EVerifyParticipationPoster.pdf) .
For individuals with disabilities that need additional assistance at any point in the application and interview process, please email UKGCareers@ukg.com or please call 1 (978) 250 9800.800.
- Kronos Jobs