Kronos Production Database Administrator in Lowell, Massachusetts
Production Database Administrator
Lowell - Massachusetts - USA
Installs, configures and maintains SQL Server Databases as per product requirement and industry best practice. Ensures Database is available, secure, healthy, efficient and recoverable as per expectations. Performs regular system reviews and identify, plan and implement solutions for current and future need of product and organization. Designs and implements automation for recurring tasks. Formulates and monitor policies, procedures and standards relating to database management. Able to correlates database related activities/troubleshooting/planning with infrastructure components like data center layout, OS/hardware, network, SAN, virtualization/Cloud etc. Able to independently analyze, solve, and correct issues in real time on Live Production environment, providing end-to-end problem resolution with no or minimum handholding.
• Provides technical mentorship and cross-training to peers and team members in area of respective expertise
• Monitor tickets/cases and resolve incidents as per OLA/SLA
• Creation and modification of DML
• Implement monitoring tasks
• Run database maintenance as required
• Perform database backups and restores
• Monitor database during runtime and identify problems
• Complete first level of analysis of issues (CPU, memory, space, blocking, deadlock, job failure, performance, etc.)
• Creation of database users/logins and security groups
• Perform database file and database migration
• SQL Server administration and maintenance
• Tables, rows and data concepts, understand DML and RDBMS, run and modify DML as required
• Able to put conditions in scripts and create objects, tables, stored procedures, views and functions. Select, insert, update, or delete data
• Understands Storage: Data, indexes, files, groups, logs
• Database maintenance, backup and restore, security, installation and configuration, check logs and activities, execute scripts
• Create and maintain indexes, import and Kronos Incorporated export data
• BS/BA degree in Computer Science or related discipline or equivalent experience and a minimum of 2 years of related work experience
Here at UKG, Our Purpose Is People. UKG combines the strength and innovation of Ultimate Software and Kronos, uniting two award-winning, employee-centered cultures. Our employees are an extraordinary group of talented, energetic, and innovative people who care about more than just work. We strive to create a culture of belonging and an employee experience that empowers our people. UKG has more than 13,000 employees around the globe and is known for its inclusive workplace culture. Ready to be inspired? Learn more at www.ukg.com/careers
Equal Opportunity Employer
Kronos, a UKG Company, is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law.
View The EEO is the Law poster at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm and its supplement at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm . at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm
View the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp_formattedESQA508c.pdf
Kronos participates in E-Verify. View the E-Verify posters here at https://www.e-verify.gov/sites/default/files/everify/posters/EVerifyParticipationPoster.pdf .
For individuals with disabilities that need additional assistance at any point in the application and interview process, please email KronosCareers@kronos.com or please call1 (978) 250 9800.
- Kronos Jobs