Kronos Senior Engineering Program Manager in Lowell, Massachusetts
Senior Engineering Program Manager
Lowell - Massachusetts - USA
The Senior Engineering Program Manager is responsible for driving the program execution of Software Development Programs from product definition through successful release and final deployment. The role will both actively manage global programs as well as direct and mentor other project/program managers and scrum masters working in New Product Development Engineering. Works closely with Senior Engineering Leadership including Engineering Directors, Product Line Director, Architects and others to develop and drive releases and engineering initiatives supporting new product development.
• Be a leader
• Take the lead on global initiatives and projects
• Ability to influence across functional boundaries and across multiple organizational levels to drive results
• Partner closely with counterparts in Cloud Operations, Development, QA, Product management, and Architecture and to ensure the success of their products
• Develop and communicate strategy, plans, issues and risks effectively throughout the organization
• Develop and track project and release plans for new product development
• Make strategic and tactical recommendations to Senior Engineering Leadership to ensure successful delivery of solutions
• Tracks closely delivery of requirements to product teams
• Communicate and plan change management activities involving scope, schedule, etc
• Creates and delivers presentations, develops communications and communicates to cross-functional audiences both internally and externally
• Drive Global PMO practices and improvements
• Understand and drive agile/scrum best practices into the organization
• Identifies, develops, and implements tools and metrics to drive project/program management success
• Drives on-going retrospection to foster continuous improvement
• Mentor, develop, and coach other project/program managers
• Identify priorities and resource requirements for each project or program
• BS/BA degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Business or related discipline or equivalent experience. PMP, PgMP, or PMI certification a plus
• Hands-on implementation of Cloud Infrastructure projects or projects completed in cloud platforms like AWS, Google or Azure
• Exposure to programming and ability to understand basic software architecture concepts
• A minimum of 8 years of program management experience in Cloud Infrastructure and software development
• Strong understanding of project and program management best practices
• Knowledge of agile/scrum and the ability to work within an agile environment is a plus
• Prior experience working with geographically distributed teams and off-shoring partners
• Ability to influence across functional boundaries and across multiple organizational
• Broad knowledge of Cloud Infrastructure, Tools, Automation
• Experience managing large software projects required
• Strong leadership skills with the ability to work as part of a project team.
• Ability to perform multiple tasks ranging from project management to coaching other team members
You’re empowered when you’re a Kronite.
Want to be part of an elite group of highly skilled professionals? We think our employees are a special group of talented, energetic, and innovative people. And for that reason, we refer to ourselves as Kronites. Kronites care about more than just work. We recognize the need to maintain a healthy work-life balance – to live inspired. In fact, it’s expected! You’ll soon learn that we take work and fun seriously. No matter what position you hold at Kronos, you’re a Kronite. And we want you to feel like you have the power to make a difference in your life and the lives of others, at work and beyond. Want to learn more about our culture? Follow us on Twitter @work4kronos. #MyWorkInspired
Kronos is a global provider of workforce management and human capital management cloud solutions. Kronos’ industry-specific workforce applications are purpose built for businesses, healthcare providers, educational institutions and government agencies of all sizes. Tens of thousands of organizations – including half of the Fortune 1000® - and more than 40 million people in over 100 countries use Kronos every day.
Kronos is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and is committed to maintaining a diverse and inclusive work environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, physical or mental disability, age, or veteran status or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law.
- Kronos Jobs