Kronos Senior Manager, IT in Lowell, Massachusetts
Senior Manager, IT
Lowell - Massachusetts - USA
As Infrastructure Sr. Manager, you will utilize your tactical, operational, and strategic knowledge to lead a technical team to manage global Data Centers that contain virtual and physical server environments in support of all areas of the UKG business.
You will lead a team responsible for delivering, supporting, and optimizing our VMWare virtual and Dell physical server data center environments to support our Corporate and Non-Corporate customers. Must be familiar with traditional VMWare virtualization deployments, upgrades, and migrations. Experience managing a global technical team that supports global data centers and a large virtual environment that contains over 10,000 VMs, 600 Virtual Hosts, and 20 vCenters is highly preferred. Must have working knowledge of vCloud, VSAN, and Veeam. Your team will provide functional oversight in the areas of the creation and Data Center management of virtual and physical server environments and storage. Additionally, responsibilities will include monitoring and patching of the environment.
Primary/Essential Duties and Key Responsibilities:
● Lead a technical staff responsible for Data Center infrastructure reliability that will enable our internal customers to support our external customers.
● Coordinate and manage the maintenance and upkeep of all VMWare virtual infrastructure environments to support our internal business customers.
● Foster growth in the virtual/windows teams by developing personal growth strategies to understand, adopt, and deploy future state technologies.
● Partner with Infrastructure Managers and other IT teams to drive innovation and support strategic technology decisions.
● Ensure work done in support of UKG business units meets internal security requirements.
● Leverage technology partnerships with procurement groups and external technology vendors to enhance and grow technology footprint to align with business needs.
· 10+ years of experience in Data Center management, including virtual and physical server, storage, and backup environments.
· Proven track record managing a diverse technical team to manage and support global Data Center environments with various platforms and technologies.
· Plan, coordinate and delegate work assignments and projects for technical team members.
· Overall responsibilities for project status, meetings, reporting, and technical issues.
· Knowledge of Dell server hardware.
· Deep understanding of public and private cloud advantages and disadvantages.
· Familiarity with HPE 3Par/Nimble SAN arrays.
· Experience with ITAM as it relates to vendor software and hardware licensing models that includes Windows, Red hat, and VMware.
· Knowledge of Red Hat Linux, VMware 5.5 and 6.5, vCloud 9.0 and Veeam 9/10 backup software required.
· Ability to develop personnel with a focus on adopting new technical skills and leadership growth.
· Strong communication skills that enable technical and business discussions to be understood by broad audiences (verbal, written, and presentation).
· Knowledge of IT service management platform ServiceNow.
· Demonstrated knowledge in Scripting and Automation.
· Bachelor’s degree in computer science or information technology.
· VMWare and Windows certifications.
· Knowledge of change management and operational support functions.
Here at UKG, Our Purpose Is People. UKG combines the strength and innovation of Ultimate Software and Kronos, uniting two award-winning, employee-centered cultures. Our employees are an extraordinary group of talented, energetic, and innovative people who care about more than just work. We strive to create a culture of belonging and an employee experience that empowers our people. UKG has more than 13,000 employees around the globe and is known for its inclusive workplace culture. Ready to be inspired? Learn more at www.ukg.com/careers
Equal Opportunity Employer
Kronos, a UKG Company, is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law.
ViewThe EEO is the Law poster (https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm) and its supplement .
View thePay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision (https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp_formattedESQA508c.pdf)
Kronos participates in E-Verify. View the E-Verify postershere (https://www.e-verify.gov/sites/default/files/everify/posters/EVerifyParticipationPoster.pdf) .
For individuals with disabilities that need additional assistance at any point in the application and interview process, please email KronosCareers@kronos.com or please call1 (978) 250 9800.
- Kronos Jobs