Kronos Senior Software Engineer in Lowell, Massachusetts
Senior Software Engineer
Lowell - Massachusetts - USA
Software & Product Development
Ultimate Kronos Group (UKG) is looking for a passionate software engineer to join our team in Lowell, MA. The right Senior Principal Software Engineer will have experience with various object-oriented programming languages, containerized applications, microservices, and be able to work with both front end technologies as well as server-side logic. The Senior Software Engineer must be a results-oriented individual, self-motivated, a creative/strategic thinker, highly analytical, and work comfortably in a constantly evolving collaborative environment. Join our development team and make an immediate impact on our fast moving, customer centric web application.
• With wide-ranging experience, use current concepts in line with company objectives to resolve complex issues in creative and efficient ways
• Recommend new technologies, methods, and practices to improve productivity and solve complex problems
• Work on complex issues where analysis of use cases, situations or data requires an in depth evaluation of various factors and involves investigating issues and code execution, potentially, across all levels of the application stack, from database to browser, including external libraries
• Design and write software that builds on our containerized architecture
• Propose solutions that scale our applications to be highly resilient in a public cloud environment
• Demonstrate knowledge of design patterns and algorithms and use them effectively in creating solutions
• Write well-designed, testable, and efficient software using Java primarily
• Use proper judgment to determine when to involve stakeholders with decisions regarding the overall function or direction of a given feature or application scenario
• Communicate solutions and ideas effectively to leadership and team members
• Be able to quickly resolve very difficult issues through analysis of the application code, 3rd party libraries, customer use cases, and discussion with stakeholders
• Have knowledge of and passion for creating a delightful customer experience
• Provide mentoring for junior developers
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science/Engineering or equivalent experience
• 6+ years of hands-on development experience with significant experience in Java and J2EE stack, Spring, Hibernate
• Experience developing application software for large containerized environments utilizing Kubernetes
• Experience in developing for public cloud platforms (Google, AWS, or Azure)
• Familiar with CI/CD concepts and tools such as Blue/Green deployments, Jenkins, Artifactory, and Bitbucket
• Skilled at object-oriented analysis and design and hands-on experience with design patterns
• Experience in SaaS/Cloud application development, including an understanding of security and multi-tenancy
• SQL skills including scripting and optimization, experience working in an Agile/Scrum environment
• Track record of delivering high-quality software on time
Here at UKG, Our Purpose Is People. UKG combines the strength and innovation of Ultimate Software and Kronos, uniting two award-winning, employee-centered cultures. Our employees are an extraordinary group of talented, energetic, and innovative people who care about more than just work. We strive to create a culture of belonging and an employee experience that empowers our people. UKG has more than 13,000 employees around the globe and is known for its inclusive workplace culture. Ready to be inspired? Learn more at www.ukg.com/careers
Equal Opportunity Employer
Ultimate Kronos Group is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and is committed to maintaining a diverse and inclusive work environment. All qualified applicants will receive considerations for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, marital status, familial status, sexual orientation, pregnancy, genetic information, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, veteran status, and any other legally protected status under federal, state, or local anti-discrimination laws.
ViewThe EEO is the Law poster (https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm) and its supplement .
View thePay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision (https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp_formattedESQA508c.pdf)
UKG participates in E-Verify. View the E-Verify postershere (https://www.e-verify.gov/sites/default/files/everify/posters/EVerifyParticipationPoster.pdf) .
For individuals with disabilities that need additional assistance at any point in the application and interview process, please email UKGCareers@ukg.com or please call1 (978) 250 9800.
- Kronos Jobs