UKG (Ultimate Kronos Group) Vice President, Platform Engineering in Lowell, Massachusetts
Vice President, Platform Engineering
Travel Amount Required:
Up to 25%
Atlanta - Georgia - United States, Boston - Massachusetts - United States, Lowell - Massachusetts - United States, Weston - Florida - United States
Description & Qualifications
As Vice President of Platform Engineering, you’ll lead this function with teams dedicated to building a world class application platform leveraged by our UKG Product portfolio. You will define and lead the technology strategy and innovations that can enable and power product innovation and development velocity. The ideal candidate is an accomplished, high energy, senior leader who has a proven track record of working collaboratively and independently to help a world class organization sustain its success and market leadership. The preferred candidate will be recognized in the industry as someone who can execute and innovate.
• Lead the engineering teams responsible for building UKG's Application Platform and capabilities in service of our product portfolios
• Directly manage and mentor a team of engineering leaders and architects to broaden their skills, increase their day-to-day effectiveness, and ultimately grow their careers
• Partner closely with Product and the broader Technology Leadership team to drive the Technology strategy and build capabilities in the people and processes to ensure effectiveness and success of the technology organization
• Build strong and trusting partnerships with business leaders and particularly with Product, to ensure that Engineering is in lockstep with strategy and absolutely aligned with the Product vision
• Build an inclusive and performance driven team culture and inspire engineering teams to collaborate as a cohesive and highly productive unit
• 10+ years of experience building and leading large, geo-distributed, performance driven effective teams
• 10+ years of experience in software development building large scale products
• Experience in building scalable, self service enterprise application platforms
• Experience in managing large teams with next line Senior Directors and Directors
• Strong ability to inspire, lead by example, grow leaders and hire top talent
• Proven track record of leading large scale cross functional initiatives
• Deep understanding and commitment to software engineering best practices and principles (such as Agile and CI/CD) and continuous improvement through measurement
• Strong executive presence and experience working across organizational boundaries, forming alliances with other VP leaders and Executives, and building bridges that support functional as well as company goals
• Strong Product and business thinking
• Ability to review and critique engineering design and architectural decisions
• Outstanding and compelling written and verbal communication skills. We’re a distributed organization and clear writing is especially important to ensure that we’re all pulling in the same direction.
Here at UKG, Our Purpose Is People. UKG combines the strength and innovation of Ultimate Software and Kronos, uniting two award-winning, employee-centered cultures. Our employees are an extraordinary group of talented, energetic, and innovative people who care about more than just work. We strive to create a culture of belonging and an employee experience that empowers our people. UKG has more than 13,000 employees around the globe and is known for its inclusive workplace culture. Ready to be inspired? Learn more at www.ukg.com/careers
Equal Opportunity Employer
Ultimate Kronos Group is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and is committed to maintaining a diverse and inclusive work environment. All qualified applicants will receive considerations for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, marital status, familial status, sexual orientation, pregnancy, genetic information, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, veteran status, and any other legally protected status under federal, state, or local anti-discrimination laws.
View The EEO is the Law poster (https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm) and its supplement .
View the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision (https://www.dol.gov/sites/dolgov/files/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp_%20English_formattedESQA508c.pdf)
UKG participates in E-Verify. View the E-Verify posters here (https://www.e-verify.gov/sites/default/files/everify/posters/EVerifyParticipationPoster.pdf) .
For individuals with disabilities that need additional assistance at any point in the application and interview process, please email UKGCareers@ukg.com.
UKG (Ultimate Kronos Group)
- UKG (Ultimate Kronos Group) Jobs