Cardinal Health Program Management, Technical Services in Mansfield, Massachusetts
What Program & Project Management contributes to Cardinal Health
Program & Project Management is responsible for playing a key/critical role in realizing business value through the application of project management knowledge, skills, tools, and techniques to meet project objectives.
- Demonstrates knowledge of the project management initiating, planning, executing,monitoring/controlling,and closing processes.
- Monitors performance and recommends scope, schedule, cost or resource adjustments; connects short-term demands to long-term implications, in alignment with the supporting business case.
- Prioritizes multiple tasks while meeting deadlines; communicates project status (health, forecast, issues, risks, etc.) to stakeholders in an open and honest fashion.
- Effectively balances competing project constraints including but not limited to scope, quality, schedule, funding, budget, resources, and risk, to manage project success.
- Connects project objectives to broader organizational goals.
- Provides input to contracts, reviews contracts to ensure completeness of scope and appropriate accountability based on role and/or responsibility.
- Negotiates with stakeholders to obtain the resources necessary for successful project execution.
- Develops refreshed program structure to drive visibility, accountability, and alignment at all levels of the organization, including a documented escalation pathway
- Establishes effective communication cadence including meetings and written
- Creates a wholistic view of program budget (each work stream is currently separately budgeted and tracked)
- Strives to develop cross functional alignment and visibility across work team leaders, project leaders and applicable resources
Helps identify and develop resource plans to support effective execution of critical elements of the program
- Supports development and communication of mitigation plans
Possesses required skills to effectively communicate up to and including at the executive level, even if results are unfavorable
- Risks & Mitigation Plans
- Bachelors and Advanced Degree in related field or equivalent work experience
- 12+ years experience in related field preferred
- Prior supervisory experience preferred
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office products preferred
Cardinal Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, pregnancy, veteran status, marital status, creed, status with regard to public assistance, genetic status or any other status protected by federal, state or local law.
Cardinal Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
- Cardinal Health Jobs