Oracle Principal Scrum Master in Marlborough, Massachusetts
Manage the development and implementation process of a specific company product.
Manage the development and implementation process of a specific company product involving departmental or cross-functional teams focused on the delivery of new or existing products. Plan and direct schedules and monitor budget/spending. Monitor the project from initiation through delivery. Organize the interdepartmental activities ensuring completion of the project/product on schedule and within budget constraints. Assign and monitor work of systems analysis and program staff, providing technical support and direction.
Work is non-routine and very complex, involving the application of advanced technical/business skills in area of specialization. Leading contributor individually and as a team member, providing direction and mentoring to others. BS or MS degree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area. Seven years of project management, product design or related experience preferred.
Oracle is an Affirmative Action-Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veterans status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
The Cloud Foundation Services team is responsible for designing, delivering and maintaining core services that are used by the Oracle global business units to create enterprise grade cloud offerings for their industries. These services include a Micro-Services Platform, the Operations Stack and Software Delivery as a Service to support high margin, highly elastic, and highly available Software as a Service applications running on Oracle Cloud Infrastructure.
You will have a major impact on Oracle’s business by transforming how Oracle’s SaaS/Cloud applications are delivered and maintained for enterprises, and you will play a major role in the transformative journey that Oracle is going through towards the Cloud.
This is an outstanding opportunity for a Principal Scrum Master or a senior professional looking to step into a senior scrum master role working for Oracle’s Cloud Foundation Services (CFS) group. You will join the team responsible for designing, developing, troubleshooting and debugging software programs for databases, applications, tools, networks etc. You will thrive on being in the critical path and will value quality, automation, and reliability. Specifically:
• Guiding a number of globally dispersed scrum teams on how to use Agile/Scrum practices and values where appropriate
• Guiding the teams on self-organizing to fill in the intentional gaps left in the Agile/Scrum frameworks
• Assessing the Scrum Maturity of the teams and organization and passively coaching the team to higher levels of maturity, at a pace that is sustainable and comfortable for the teams and organization
• Removing impediments by finding the right personnel to remove the blocks
• Building a trusting and safe environment where problems can be raised without fear of blame, retribution, or being judged, with an emphasis of healing and problem solving.
• Facilitating getting the work done without coercion, assigning, or dictating the work.
• Facilitating discussion, decision making, and conflict resolution
• Assisting with internal and external communication, improving transparency, and radiating information
• Supporting and educating the Product Owner, especially with respect to grooming and maintaining the product backlog.
• Providing all support to the team using a servant leadership style whenever possible, and leading by example
In order to be successful at the role you will need to have and be able to demonstrate up to date experience in the following areas:
• Good skills and knowledge of servant leadership, facilitation, situational awareness, conflict resolution, continual improvement, empowerment, and increasing transparency
• Knowledge of numerous well-documented patterns and techniques for filling in the intentional gaps left in the Scrum approach (e.g. Burndown techniques, Retrospective formats, bug handling, etc.)
• Strong communication skills, analytical skills, thorough understanding of product development
• Ability to mentor and coach engineering workforce
• Be proactive, highly motivated, and detail-oriented, and will possess outstanding communication skills
• Candidates for this role should have minimum 10 years working in a suitable field and at least 5 years as a Scrum Master and hold a BS degree in Computer Science or equivalent
• First level Scrum Master certification (CSM, PSM I)
• Knowledge of other Agile approaches: XP, Kanban, Crystal, FDD, SAFE etc.
• Knowledge and/or experience with widely successful Agile techniques: User Stories, ATDD, TDD, Continuous Integration, Continuous Testing, Pairing, Automated Testing, Agile Games
• Applicable knowledge of the technologies used by the team (e.g. Python and Ansible)
• Previous experience as a team lead
As part of Oracle's employment process candidates will be required to successfully complete a pre-employment screening process. This will involve identity and employment verification, professional references, education verification and professional qualifications and memberships (if applicable).
Job: *Product Development
Title: Principal Scrum Master
Location: United States
Requisition ID: 20000PO0
- Oracle Jobs