Oracle Senior Member of Technical Staff, (JoinOCI-SDE) in Marlborough, Massachusetts
Design, develop, troubleshoot and debug software programs for databases, applications, tools, networks etc.
As a member of the software engineering division, you will assist in defining and developing software for tasks associated with the developing, debugging or designing of software applications or operating systems. Provide technical leadership to other software developers. Specify, design and implement modest changes to existing software architecture to meet changing needs.
Duties and tasks are varied and complex needing independent judgment. Fully competent in own area of expertise. May have project lead role and or supervise lower level personnel. BS or MS degree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area. 4 years of software engineering or related experience.
Oracle is an Affirmative Action-Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veterans status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Cloud Engineering Infrastructure Development
/At Oracle Cloud Infrastructure (OCI), we build the future of the cloud for Enterprises as a diverse team of fellow creators and inventors. We act with the speed and attitude of a start-up, with the scale and customer-focus of the leading enterprise software company in the world./
/Values are OCI’s foundation and how we deliver excellence. We strive for equity, inclusion, and respect for all. We are committed to the greater good in our products and our actions. We are constantly learning and taking opportunities to grow our careers and ourselves. We challenge each other to stretch beyond our past to build our future./
/You are the builder here. You will be part of a team of really smart, motivated, and diverse people and given the autonomy and support to do your best work. It is a dynamic and flexible workplace where you’ll belong and be encouraged./
• 5 years of experience in software design development and testing.
• 2 years of experience in managing infrastructure such as network, storage, compute.
• Familiar with one or more protocols such as REST, TCP, UDP, IP, FC, iSCSI, NFS.
• Experience in programming languages such as Java and Python or equivalent languages.
• Bachelor in Computer Science or equivalent work experience demonstrating fundamental software engineering skills.
• Excellent organizational, verbal, and written communication skills.
• Excellent judgment to influence product features, and priorities.
• Masters / Ph.D. degree in Computer Science or related engineering field
• Managed network or storage devices and infrastructures and has a good understanding of various protocols and device configurations.
• Understanding of open source-based networking solutions.
• Hands-on experience in networking frameworks, stack, userspace vs kernel.
• Worked in virtualized run-time environment such as docker.
• Experience in low level works such as kernel or embedded systems.
• Familiar with CI/CD pipelines.
• Knows the trade-off on databases architectures and recommend the right one for an enterprise solution
• Knowledge of data collection and analysis tooling for large datasets
• Proven track record of creative quick problem solving achieving significant results
• Knows the difference between random forest vs. XGBoost, difference between precision and recall
Job: *Product Development
Title: Senior Member of Technical Staff, (JoinOCI-SDE)
Requisition ID: 20000SPY
Other Locations: United States
- Oracle Jobs