State of Massachusetts Project Manager 3 in Mass School Building Authority, Massachusetts
The MSBA is seeking to hire one or more qualified individuals interested in joining our team of professionals in the continued efforts of the MSBA’s mission of partnering with Massachusetts communities to support the design and construction of educationally appropriate, flexible, sustainable, and cost-effective public school facilities.
The MSBA’s Post Occupancy Project Managers (“Project Managers”) monitor public school projects from invitation to conduct a feasibility study through construction and manage and assist in performing post-occupancy evaluations of completed MSBA-funded school buildings. The Post-Occupancy Project Manager 3 manages and oversees the schedule and related work efforts of other MSBA staff and professional consultant(s) hired to carry out post-occupancy evaluations. The Project Manager 3 applies MSBA’s policies, agreements, and procedures associated with generating individual post-occupancy evaluations and associated internal and external reporting.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBLITIES
· Supervise project managers responsible for implementing MSBA’s Post-Occupancy Evaluation program.
· Ensure that post-occupancy related activities are coordinated internally with the appropriate MSBA departments and local district officials in accordance with the MSBA’s established schedule and budget. Identify potential issues and lead the resolution process.
· Lead in further development of MSBA’s post-occupancy policies, procedures, communication protocols, tools, templates, and databases and establish a process for modifications and/or updates.
· Lead the communications effort as MSBA’s primary point of contact for local officials participating in the Post Occupancy Evaluation program.
· Develop an outreach process and lead in disseminating relevant and useful information to external stakeholders entering and working within MSBA’s grant program such as District representatives, MSBA consultants, and related industry groups.
· Manage the collection and review of pre-occupancy components from district generated feasibility, design, construction, and other related documents.
· Lead and manage the effort of collaborating with MSBA IT for the development of tools, for establishing processes for analyzing and sorting existing information, for developing trend data related to information obtained through post-occupancy evaluations, and for tracking and delegating tasks to the Data Manager.
· Manage and monitor the professional consultant’s deployment and feedback associated with district questionnaires, surveys, etc.
· Create and provide related training and provide guidance to assigned MSBA staff and professional consultant(s).
· Manage consultant agreements, contracts, work orders, and invoicing in accordance with MSBA established budget and schedule.
· Travel to building project sites throughout Massachusetts while representing the MSBA and participate in the building visit portion of the post-occupancy evaluation as assigned. Document observations associated with building visit portion of the post-occupancy evaluation and coordinate potential findings and/or recommendations with the reporting effort.
· Provide oversight and manage the review of reports generated by professional consultant(s) to ensure compliance and conformance with consultant contract requirements.
· Manage the timely distribution of post-occupancy evaluation reports to participating districts and coordinate responses associated with internal and external feedback.
· Prepare and present periodic status and summary reporting to MSBA’s Executive and Senior Staff, MSBA’s Board of Directors, and MSBA’s Facilities Assessment Subcommittee.
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBLITIES
· Manage periodic procurement(s), approximately every 3-4 years, and for professional consultants and/or technical vendors as required to support MSBA’s grant program and other potential initiatives.
· Support senior staff in addressing questions and comments from the MSBA Board of Directors
· Lead the effort related to initiatives that improve MSBA policies and practices that support the overall needs of the Capital Planning department.
· Prepare and deliver related public outreach presentations and/or publications.
· Participate in the recruitment, selection, and training of internal personnel.
· Potential to perform other duties as assigned.
· Bachelor’s degree in at least one of the following: architecture, engineering, construction, project management, or related field.
· Five-to-ten years of experience associated with architecture, design, construction, project management, or other applicable disciplines.
· Demonstrated experience associated with public construction and/or educational facilities, knowledge of Massachusetts public bidding laws, and/or previous experience working with federal, state, county, or local government.
· Demonstrated experience associated with post-occupancy evaluations and/or the post-occupancy evaluation process.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, and ABILITIES
· Thorough understanding of the design process from conceptual phases through construction documents. · Possess proficiency in Microsoft Office software applications, including Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook. · Effectively delegate work and manage multiple tasks involving complex and varying problems. · Possess strong verbal and written communication skills. · Ability to gather, analyze, and present complex technical information in a clear, concise, and comprehensible manner. · Ability to work independently, collaboratively across departments and lead a team.
Organization: *Mass School Building Authority
Title: Project Manager 3
Location: Massachusetts-Mass School Building Authority
Requisition ID: 200006E3