Cigna Application Development Sr Specialist, .Net in Massachusetts, Massachusetts
** Nashville, TN preferred (w/ relocation assistance as needed) though open to full-time remote as well.
What will I be doing?
Currently, we are seeking an experienced software developer to join the Cigna-HealthSpring IT team. This position will be a member of an established team that provides application development, reporting, and production support to several core business applications.
Primary Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Closely collaborates with team members to successfully execute development initiatives using Agile practices and principles
- Leads efforts to design, development, deploy, and support software systems
- Integrates new/existing software with existing systems
- Collaborates with systems analysts, project lead, management and customers on requirements
- Participates in large-scale development projects involving multiple areas outside of core team
- Designs fit-for-purpose products to ensure products align to the customer's strategic plans and technology road maps
- Demonstrates value based decision making and Agile principles across teams
- Coaches team on existing system structure, constraints and deficiencies with product
- Shares knowledge and experience to contribute to growth of overall team capabilities
- Participates in the deployment, change, configuration, management, administration and maintenance of deployment process and systems
- Focuses on customer satisfaction
- Rapidly prototypes and delivers just-in-time solutions
- Gather requirements, designs, constructs and delivers solutions with minimal team interaction
- Works in an environment with rapidly changing business requirements and priorities
What’s in it for you:
- Great team environment! We have fun and get our work done too!
- Potential to work from home up to two days per week
- Professional and personal development opportunities
- This position will support Cigna-HealthSpring's sales teams; helping us evaluate our current solutions and offer guidance and direction on future upgrades and enhancements.
- A working environment that embraces diversity
- Relocation assistance if not local to Nashville
What do I need for this position?
- Demonstration of and belief in the Agile mindset
- In-depth knowledge of and real world experience with the MS stack (C#, ASP.Net, MVC, SQL, etc.) required
- Experience with TDD, Angular, HTML5, CSS3, Web API
- 4 years of engineering, delivering and supporting production software products required
- 2 years working with object-oriented design, SQL, and web programming required.
- Delivery of past software systems with documented value required
- Strong focus on delivering customer value required
- Excellent troubleshooting, analysis, and problem-solving abilities required
- Ability to engineer and build software through multiple languages and tools required
- Strong verbal and written communication with the ability to work with staff and business required
- Experience with Scrum and Domain Driven Design preferred
- Willingness to learn our business domain required
What would be nice to have?
- General understanding of Healthcare industry
- General knowledge of Medicare and Medicaid industries
- Experience working in a waterfall environment
Primary Location: Nashville-Tennessee
Other Locations: United States-Connecticut, United States-Ohio, United States-Pennsylvania, United States-Maryland, United States-All Cigna Office Locations, United States-Georgia, United States-Work From Home Jobs, United States-Illinois-Chicago, United States-Delaware, United States-Arizona, United States-West Virginia, United States-Virginia, United States-Alabama-Birmingham, United States-Tennessee, United States-Texas, United States-South Carolina, United States-New Jersey, United States-Florida, United States-District of Columbia, United States-New York, United States-Massachusetts, United States-North Carolina
Work Locations: 601 Mainstream Drive Nashville 37228
Job: IT--App Dev & Management
Employee Status: Individual Contributor
Job Type: Full-time
Job Level: Day Job
Job Posting: Feb 15, 2018, 5:50:36 PM
Cigna is an equal opportunity employer, which means we offer equal treatment to all applicants. Cigna does not discriminate, either directly or indirectly, on the grounds of race, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, nationality, national origin, ethnic origin, religion, beliefs or creed, age, disability, marital status, veteran status or genetic information in any area of recruitment. In some countries we ask for information on the ethnic origin, gender and disability of our applicants for the purpose of monitoring equal opportunity. If you have a disability and would like to indicate as part of your application any relevant effects of your disability and any adjustment which you consider should reasonably be made to the process to assist your application, please do so in the relevant field during the application process.