Cardinal Health Principal/Director Architect – Customer Engagement Technologies in Massachusetts
Reporting to the Chief Architect / Director of Enterprise Architecture, the Principal Architect will oversee the strategy and direction of designs and technology architecture supporting the consumer business capabilities related to DTC/B2B channels, digital operations, cross channel operations (e.g. customer service, personalization, etc.), sales, marketing and utilization/reuse of corporate backend services. They will drive the adoption of next-gen, flexible architecture to enable our customer engagement solutions.
This leader will work to create a culture of innovation within the technology organization while adding business value, reducing complexity, and driving competitive advantage through their deep hands-on experience with multiple applications and technologies. The primary objective of this role is to progress the usage of technology advancements to improve products, processes, and services to internal and external clients. This role will also act as a coach, mentor, and trainer to solution tech leads.
Specific Duties, Activities, and Responsibilities:
- Collaborate with others across IT on setting the technology strategy, roadmap and vision for the customer engagement landscape while representing in forms internally and externally.
- Proactively assess value and potential application of emerging technologies and products
- Own the strategic roadmap, oversee its governance, envision a roadmap and invite adoption through cross-functional teams.
- Responsible for researching, analyzing, designing, proposing, and delivering solutions that support and enhance business and technologies strategies.
- Provide end-to-end view on how all components fit together
- Identify opportunities to standardize the technology landscape for improved efficiency.
- Facilitates the establishment and implementation of standards and guidelines that guide the design and reuse of technology solutions across the enterprise.
- Develops and documents target-state reference architectures, position papers, and educational materials.
- Provides technical guidance to project team areas as appropriate.
- Serve as an escalation point for complex functional and technical issues.
- Interfaces across several business areas, acting as visionary to proactively assist in leveraging enterprise capabilities and services.
- Bachelors Degree in related field or equivalent work experience
- Ecommerce / retail background and experience working in multi-business unit enterprise model
- 10+ years of experience in architecture or application design
7+ years of relevant experience in a broad set of technology understanding with focus in technologies related to at least one of the following enterprise business functions:
Customer / Digital Experience – eCommerce, mobile
- Cross Channel Operations – multi-channel order management, customer service, loyalty, personalization, payments, etc.
- Digital Operations – Search, PIM, DAM, Content
- Sales – Opportunity and territory management
- Marketing – campaigns, SEO, email, leads
- Knowledge of Agile development, DevSecOps practices, APIs and microservices
- Experience in working with architects across all architectural domains.
- Strong understanding of industry trends and relevant emerging technologies
- Business capability modeling
Leadership competencies in:
Organizing and Setting Priorities
- Managing and Measuring Work
- Peer Relationships
- Continuous Improvement
- Motivating Others
- Innovative mindset
- Challenging the status quo while being realistic about the “art of the possible”
- Strong ability to build a network and influence senior, cross-functional leaders
Experience with Salesforce (SFCC, SFSC, SFMC), Commerce engines (Hybris, HCL), Adobe suites (AEM, Marketo, etc.), EDA (Kafka), API (Apigee) or similar technologies
Cardinal Health supports an inclusive workplace that values diversity of thought, experience and background. We celebrate the power of our differences to create better solutions for our customers by ensuring employees can be their authentic selves each day. Cardinal Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, pregnancy, veteran status, marital status, creed, status with regard to public assistance, genetic status or any other status protected by federal, state or local law.
To read and review this privacy notice click here (https://www.cardinalhealth.com/content/dam/corp/email/documents/corp/cardinal-health-online-application-privacy-policy.pdf)
Cardinal Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
- Cardinal Health Jobs