MasterCard Senior Technical Program Manager in Massachusetts
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Senior Technical Program Manager
Do you enjoy leading technical projects to success and use an agilist mindset at heart and in practice? Or have you enjoyed solving problems and supporting process improvements? If this describes you and you want to work for a company that offers that opportunity, with above and beyond benefits including paid parental leave, flexible work hours, gift matching, and even volunteer incentives, then join us! Do you want to work in an inclusive and nurturing culture that encourages your own professional learning and development? Read on.
At Mastercard, our industry expertise is enhanced by our commitment to being a force for good in the world. We do well by doing good. Our core values of trust, partnership, agility and thoughtful risk taking are displayed in everything we do. Our culture of collaboration and inclusion makes our company the place where the best people choose to be. Come join us!
Join us to be a part of a transformational Engineering Operations Team in Merchant Loyalty
As part of the Engineering Operations Team, you will...
● Be leading and supporting strategic operational improvement processes across Engineering. As a part of the Engineering Operations team in a global Engineering organization, our team is responsible for transformation and improvement toward operational excellence. We support success and cultivate an agile mindset in all team members where problems are embraced as welcome opportunities to inspect, adapt and grow.
● Help in identifying and diagnosing process challenges, rollout new process improvements that positively impact effectiveness across the company and will be a point person to address team member questions on new processes as needed.
● Develop key relationships across the organization, inside and outside of Engineering to take a “program mind-set" to strategically and tactically enable the best practices and processes with these key relationships.
As a Technology Program Manager, you will...
● Be an agile project manager and oversee large-scale and cross-functional projects that deliver significant impact
● Conceptualize, rationalize, and drive projects(s) to deliver engineering work across the portfolio in our scrum execution model, while maintaining focus towards the business value of the completed increments
● Manage and own the upkeep and accuracy of the project status, milestone achievement, roadmap and outlook, as well as manage expectations and communication around the timeline to stakeholders inclusive of engineering leadership, product and delivery team members, and others
● Utilize a measurement framework and create and deliver accurate reports that show achievement of targeted objectives and outcomes
● Monitor, escalate and assist in clearing project impediments, working with the product team, engineering product line leads, engineering leadership, and the Agile Portfolio Manager on solutions or escalation paths
All about you
● Experience working in software development on SaaS based solutions, with an understanding of the SDLC within a sprint-based agile methodology
● Experience within project management successfully delivering 3-4 simultaneous projects across multiple teams, preferably on technical/software projects or programs
● Experience with Atlassian Jira usage and administration is a strong plus
● Experience working in an agile methodology, preferably within the scrum framework
● Can communicate to executives, peers, and teams with diplomacy, impact, eloquence, and authenticity
● Strong change agent who can influence mindset and behaviors, including those of senior leaders, business teams, architects, engineers and product managers
● Demonstrated ability to operate with independence and autonomy toward shared goals
● Demonstrated experience building relationships, partnering with and influencing dependent teams while commanding the respect of the individuals you work with across the organization
● Proven track record of data driven decision-making and applying continuous improvement methodologies across teams
● Outcome and success-oriented
● Demonstrated experience breaking down problems, organizing work, supporting planning, and help identify risks and mitigation
● When working on programs, enjoy diving deep to understand the capabilities and underlying technologies associated with the program, as well as understanding and supporting the business value that this program will bring to the organization
● Can debate the delivery strategy with business teams, architects, engineers, and product management
● Demonstrate constant curiosity and desire to learn new things
● BS in engineering, computer science or related discipline
Due to COVID-19, most of our employees are working from home. We’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by phone or video and are onboarding new hires remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact email@example.com and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Corporate Security Responsibility
Every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security. All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and therefore, it is expected that the successful candidate for this position must:
• Abide by Mastercard’s security policies and practices;
• Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
• Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
• Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard’s guidelines.
Requisition ID: R-140825