Cisco ASIC Electronic Design Automation Engineer - Acacia in Maynard, Massachusetts
ASIC ELECTRONIC DESIGN AUTOMATION ENGINEER
The successful candidate will be able to develop, maintain and support Electronic Design Automation (EDA) computer system infrastructure, used by digital design and verification engineers.
· Work with IT and design teams to develop, maintain and support Electronic Design Automation (EDA) computer system infrastructure
· Work closely with semiconductor foundries as well as EDA tool providers for any technology evaluation setup or tool and project design kit updates
· Develop, maintain and support script program automation and user environments (C++/Verilog based), used with vendor supplied EDA software systems for digital design entry, simulation, and verification.
· Develop, maintain and support various script programs used by designers to submit jobs to compute cluster.
· Develop, maintain and support digital design verification, synthesis, power simulation, regressions, etc.
· Develop inter-organizational multi-location working relationships with EDA engineering, corporate IT, and various design engineering teams to reach shared objectives, and provide timely response to user requests for help
· Provide general direct user support and system administration assistance to users, within a mixed Windows and Linux computing environment, including assistance with the installation and setup of EDA software tools, and subsequent requests for help
· Assist with the setup, maintenance and support of configuration management systems (e.g., SVN, Perforce), for Linux and Windows users
· Assist with the installation, maintenance and support of various EDA software system licensing, for Linux and Windows user access
· Bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering, computer science or computer engineering
· 5+ years of experience in the field of EDA-CAD solutions for CMOS digital and/or RF solutions
· Proficiency in writing Linux shell scripts and general programming (e.g., Perl, shell, TCL, Python, Make/Cmake)
· Familiarity with compute server grid systems and server load balancing software
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
· Master’s degree in electrical engineering, computer science or computer engineering
· Broad IT and shell scripting knowledge
· Broad knowledge of foundry design kits and skill code expertise
· Proficiency with Linux and Windows computer systems and networks for EDA-CAD and general applications (EDA-CAD systems administration)
· Familiarity with Synopsis VCS, System Verilog Assertions (developing and maintaining custom user infrastructure)
· Excellent team work, communication and interpersonal skills
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis.
Cisco will consider for employment, on a case by case basis, qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
- Cisco Jobs