ERT Data Privacy Attorney in Medford, Massachusetts
ERT is looking to hire a Data Privacy Attorney who will act as an invividual contributor to the Data Privacy Team, ensuring compliance with ERT's data privacy and security governance program processes and initiatives for the organization. Responsibilities also include privacy and security contract review and analysis, preparation, and negotiation.
1.Assist with producing Program documentation, including privacy risk assessments, risk
analyses, incident reports, and related artifacts.
- Assist with receiving, documenting, tracking, investigating, and taking action on privacy
incidents, where required.
- Assist with documenting privacy and security regulations, and associated compliance
requirements, assist in completion of data privacy impact assessments, and work with
business to ensure Program requirements are addressed.
- Assist with ensuring applicable privacy and security requirements are incorporated into
Policies, SOPs, and other controls, implemented for a project, product, or platform.
- Assist with implementing all data processing agreements to ensure applicable Program
concerns, requirements, and responsibilities are addressed, in addition to assisting with
on-going compliance monitoring.
- Act as a data privacy and compliance liaison, under the direction of the DPO, to the
business, to ensure compliance with applicable data protection laws, such as GDPR,
CCPA, and HIPAA.
- Maintains all related Program data in the central database to ensure that accurate and
concise information is obtained and captured to allow reporting of Program-related
- Provides general support and assistance to the DPO, when necessary, including filing,
generating outgoing correspondence, archiving, obtaining contract signatures, and any
other privacy and security-related projects necessary to support the Program.
- Participates in meetings Data Privacy Team meetings, and other departmental meetings,
- Analyzes, reviews, and negotiates privacy and security client and vendor contract terms,
conditions, and obligations, as assigned.
- Works with Contracts team to document workflow lifecycle to ensure all internal
approvals are received for all documents created.
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Coordinates with internal ERT stakeholders, including IT and Security, on related terms
in the contract, or contract change(s) in scope, including all non-standard terms and
- Attends client meetings and participates on client calls individually and/or with other
members of the Data Privacy Team, as needed.
- Provides other support, as necessary, as directed by the DPO, including without
limitation: supporting any requirements for Program monitoring.
The duties and responsibilities listed in this job description represent the major responsibilities
of the position. Other duties and responsibilities may be assigned, as required. ERT reserves
the right to amend or change this job description to meet the needs of ERT. This job description
and any attachments do not constitute or represent a contract.
Juris Doctorate Degree from an accredited institution.
Membership in good standing with one State bar.
1 - 3 years of relevant experience, preferably with exposure to data privacy and security
Excellent research and writing skills are required.
Ability to manage and communicate with multiple stakeholders in a fast-paced work
- Effective organizational, analytical, confidentiality, multi-tasking, and time management
Ability to manage a high contract volume.
Excellent judgment, attention to detail, communication and direct customer skills, plus
the ability to work as part of a team as well as an individual contributor.
- Must be able to travel domestically and internationally (5-10%)
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Hours: Full Time
External Company Name: eResearch Technology
External Company URL: www.ert.com
Street: One Cabot Road, Suite 300