National Grid SOAR Engineer, Service Delivery in Northboro, Massachusetts
Every day we deliver safe and secure energy to homes, communities, and businesses. We are there when people need us the most. We connect people to the energy they need for the lives they live. The pace of change in society and our industry is accelerating and our expertise and track record puts us in an unparalleled position to shape the sustainable future of our industry.
To be successful we must anticipate the needs of our customers, reducing the cost of energy delivery today and pioneering the flexible energy systems of tomorrow. This requires us to deliver on our promises and always look for new opportunities to grow, both ourselves and our business.
National Grid is seeking an innovative, and experienced security automation and orchestration (SAO) engineering specialist to join the Security Orchestration, Automation and Response (SOAR) Engineering team. The SAOs are the primary technical resource for developing automation and response to detect, resolve and mitigate cyber security attacks. The successful candidate(s) will possess expertise on advanced data analytics, scripting and development, and be able to work with the security response and threat management teams to protect our national energy services from cyber disruption.
Work in partnership with the incident response team to design to identify opportunities for improvement
Develop, and implement automations for detection and response.
Be the subject matter experts on big data analytics and automation
Participate in special projects, as needed, and perform other duties as assigned
Produce System Analytics to prove automation behavior assumptions
Document all system changes in line with Change Management good practices
Recommend, Develop and Release new Use Cases to maximize the benefits and efficiencies from a SOAR platform.
A strong multi-tasker with a keen eye for detail that thrives in a fast-paced work environment. Innovative, analytical and driven.
• Bachelor’s Degree with concentration in engineering/computer/data science or minimum 1 to 2 years’ successful experience in similar role.
• Intermediate knowledge of data science disciplines including data framing and analytics.
• A passion for security automation and a solid understanding of security incident response
• Knowledge of security frameworks including MITRE Att&CK, NIST, etc.
• Working experience and knowledge of operating systems (e.g.: Windows, UNIX/Linux) and databases
• Knowledge in various scripting and programming languages (Java, Perl, R, Python, C++ etc.) a plus
• Must be able to work independently as well as work as part of a fast-moving team
• Ability to meet deadlines, time constraints and periodic requirements
• Experience in working with (multi-petatbyte) data lakes
• Understanding of entire technology stack of networks, databases, applications and endpoints
• Experience planning, researching and developing security policies, standards and procedures is a plus.
• Ability to learn and retain information on multiple products
• Detailed-oriented with strong communication, Interpersonal and organizational skills
This position has a career path which provides for advancement opportunities within and across bands as you develop and evolve in the position; gaining experience, expertise and acquiring and applying technical skills. Internal candidates will be assessed and provided offers against the minimum qualifications of this role and their individual experience.
National Grid is an equal opportunity employer that values a broad diversity of talent, knowledge, experience and expertise. We foster a culture of inclusion that drives employee engagement to deliver superior performance to the communities we serve. National Grid is proud to be an affirmative action employer. We encourage minorities, women, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans to join the National Grid team.