Illinois Tool Works, Inc. Global Service Business Analyst in Norwood, Massachusetts
Global Service Business Analyst
825 University Ave, Norwood, MA 02062, USA
FLSA Status: Exempt
Instron® is a global organization that designs, manufactures, sells and services materials testing systems. Instron® is a clear global leader in materials testing applications and its leadership in the marketplace is continually expanding. You will find that our established strength, commitment to our core values and team focus provides an engaging work environment and offers exceptional opportunities for personal and career development.
We have a new and exciting opportunity for a Business Analyst to join our growing service team. The primary responsibility of this position will be to focus on defining, developing, and maintaining Instron’s Field Service Management (FSM) business system across all Instron sites globally. If you are motivated, embrace challenge and are enthusiastic we would like to get to know you better.
This is a highly collaborative and cross-departmental effort in which you will be responsible for developing potential solutions and technical configurations, and to drive the implementation of the plans that follow. In addition, you will be a key contributor to, and major driver of, the ongoing improvement and simplification of Instron’s Service business processes. Additionally, you will partner with our Service Development Group to ensure optimal integration of our FSM system with our cloud based remote technical support services.
The position will be based at our Instron facility in Norwood, Massachusetts and outside of the pandemic will require approximately 25% travel, inclusive of International travel. Some off-hours work is expected due to the global nature of our Service organization.
· Documenting and mapping Service business processes
· Reviewing Service business needs and identifying Service business problems
· Proposing solutions to Service business problems and simplifying Service business processes
· Developing Field Service Management (FSM) system documentation including requirements documents, use cases, user stories, workflows, test scenarios, test cases, training materials, and other documents related to the activities of the Service business.
· Managing small projects or aspects of larger projects in the implementation of new functionality, FSM system rollout to a new site, etc.
· Communicating FSM system operations, features, benefits, and changes to users and stakeholders
· Engaging with the Service team and the IT team to develop and maintain reports, dashboards, and forecasts; involves performing data analysis and data aggregation using Power BI and other data analysis tools.
. Maintaining and recommending improvements to hygiene of the FSM system data to maximize usability.
. Creating and conducting FSM system training
. Providing day to day Service user support of the FSM system
· Bachelor’s degree in business, IT, engineering, or a related field
· Three to five years of experience in an analytical role supporting a Service operation.
. Experience with Field Service Management systems
· Good understanding of general business processes & workflows, acquired through commercial experience (in a service context)
· Proven project management skills and understanding of the project management lifecycle.
· Proven ability to form effective working relationships at all levels within an organization.
· Strong conceptual, analytical, judgment and communication abilities
· Strong working knowledge of data analysis tools, such as Power BI
· Work collaboratively, and on one’s own, with strong time management skills.
. Ability to affectively facilitate a meeting.
. Keen on discipline
· Positive “can do” attitude and a drive to succeed.
ITW is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Illinois Tool Works, Inc.
- Illinois Tool Works, Inc. Jobs