General Dynamics Information Technology Operations Architecture & Tools Manager -(SRF 3625) 100% Telework! in Peabody, Massachusetts
Type of Requisition: Regular
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: None
Public Trust/Other Required: MBI (T2)
Job Family: Information Systems Management
GDIT, a Federal marketplace leader in next-generation IT solutions and services, is seeking highly qualified and motivated IT professionals like you who are eager to contribute to our critical Homeland Security missions. For the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), GDIT provides enterprise IT services for DHS’s biometric identity management system (IDENT) and the Office of Biometric Identity Management (OBIM) to store, match, share, and analyze biometric and biographic data in support of DHS’s strategic mission. GDIT’s O&M services support break-fix of current OBIM functional capabilities, as well as security remediation activities and developmental engineering (such as prototyping new code or configurations of OBIM functionality). At the most critical moments of change, we’re there - bringing the resources, solutions, and expertise to help our clients take on some of the world’s biggest challenges - and GDIT is excited to offer you a unique opportunity to join a best performing O&M team supporting one our nation’s most critical national security, law enforcement, immigration and border management, and intelligence missions.
The primary responsibility of the Operations Architect Manager is to manage the IT teams that support IT Operations Management and IT Service Management, ensuring that they are aligned to support the organization's ability to successfully meet its business objectives. This individual’s principal goals are to plan, coordinate, direct, and design all operational activities of the Operations Architect team to enhance mission-critical business operations. The Operations Architect Manager will work closely with decision- makers in other departments to identify, recommend, develop, implement, and support cost-effective technology solutions for all aspects of the organization.
In this role, specific responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Manage IT Operations and Service Management operational and strategic planning, including business requirements, project planning, and organizing and negotiating the allocation of resources.
• Provide technology guidance, road maps, principles, standards, and best practices
• Benchmark, analyze, report on, and make recommendations for the improvement of the IT infrastructure and IT systems.
• Manage IT staffing, including recruitment, supervision, scheduling, development, evaluation, and disciplinary actions
• Establish and maintain regular written and in-person communications with the departments leadership regarding pertinent IT activities.
• Job requires the candidate to be on call 24x7x365 in case of technical need or system emergency
• Highly self-motivated, self-directed, and attentive to detail with the ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment
Required Skills / Qualifications:
• U.S. Citizenship
• DHS HQ EOD required to start; must be able to obtain DHS HQ Final Suitability.
• BA/BS (or equivalent experience) and 5+ years of experience
• Proven experience in IT Operations and Systems Management strategic planning and development, project management, and policy development
• Good understanding and technical knowledge of network and operating systems, applications, hardware/virtual, and standards
• Extensive experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
• Knowledgeable of Asset Life Cycle Management
• Experience in application management which is the lifecycle process for software applications (operations, maintenance, version control, upgrades, documentation)
• Knowledgeable of Software/Hardware licenses and managing government/GDIT asset records in accordance with company procedure
• Knowledgeable in working all aspects of procurement life cycle including vendor quotes, generating purchase requisitions, tracking licenses and renewal dates, property transfers, shipments, and maintaining accurate records of transactions
• Knowledgeable of monitoring tools and discovery of environments
• Excellent written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills
• Very detailed oriented
Desired Skills / Qualifications:
• 15+ years of related experience
• Master's degree in systems engineering, computer science, information systems, or other relevant technical field of study
• Significant experience in providing technical/management leadership
• Experience supporting Federal Government IT programs
• Demonstrated ability to lead diverse teams to achieve critical business priorities
• Change Management review for possible changes to the environment, to include asset counts (addition or decommission), software version changes, and project timelines
• ITIL certification v3 or v4
• Knowledge of ServiceNow
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement: To protect the health and safety of its employees and to comply with customer requirements, GDIT may require employees in certain positions to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Vaccination requirements will depend on the status of the federal contractor mandate and customer site requirements.
We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.
General Dynamics Information Technology
- General Dynamics Information Technology Jobs