Jordan Hospital Imaging Informatics Analyst in Plymouth, Massachusetts
· Ensure an optimal environment for viewing and interpretation of images.
· Monitors interfaces to system-EMR/RIS/PACS/Voice Recognition.
· Ensures data integrity and optimal image and workflow processes.
· Participates makes recommendations toward the development of policies pertaining to image management ensuring compliance with federal regulations, familiar with Medical Imaging Standards.
· Assesses imaging modality capabilities for all Diagnostic Imaging and Cardiovascular Services on an ongoing basis.
· Participates in the management of project scopes and identifies potential risks, a key member of the project team
· Uses common project tools for planning, monitoring, implementing, and following up on project steps to closure of project and beyond.
· Assists with budget development and cost schedule using planned resources
· Understands roles and relationships within healthcare system. Is able to speak and interpret medical terminology with healthcare professionals.
· Communicates to stakeholders any downtime, upgrades, changes to workflow and/or methods. Works with departmental management staff to ensure minimal disruption to operation.
· Assists with vendor management for all applicable applications
· Receptive to learning new skills to expand effectiveness including but not limited to transmission protocols, network configuration, server management, DICOM, HL7.
· Implement and maintain hardware/software including planned upgrades and updates
· Able to retrieve data for key performance indicators as requested
· User management, training and education
· Recommend, develop and implement system and user policies.
· Perform needs assessment and training.
· Implement training programs and evaluate training effectiveness.
· ARRT registered radiologic technologist, strongly preferred
· 3-5 Years PACS admin experience preferred
· Demonstrated knowledge of PACS and Voice recognition Applications.
· Excellent communicator with organizational and trainer skills.
· Problem solver, good listening skills, patience and a sense of humor.
Day to Day operations, respond to problems that may arise. Available to take calls regarding PACS and other related business. Develops standard operating procedures and works with Imaging teams to implement and evaluate on an ongoing basis.
It is understood that this is a summary of key job functions and does not include every detail of the job that may reasonably be required.
· Previous experience supporting a PACS or CPACS system
· Previous experience with utilization of an Electronic Health Record
· Previous experience working with imaging technologies, result reporting technologies and interfaces required for optimal functionality.
· Experience with project management for large and small projects
· Demonstrated ability to work with teams and create support solutions assuring optimal 24/7/365 operations of the Imaging Department.
· Experience working with hardware and software vendors representing the best interests of the Organization, its staff and its patients.
· Bachelor's degree in Information Technology, Radiology or related field or commensurate experience preferred
· Certifications in radiology/cardiology specialty desired