Huntington Ingalls Industries Electrical Engineer 1 - 13217 in Pocasset, Massachusetts
Requisition Number: 13217
Required Travel: 0 - 10%
Employment Type: Full Time/Salaried/Exempt
Hours Per Week: 40
Security Clearance: CUI (Controlled Underclassified Information)
Level of Experience: Entry Level
Come Join HII! Where Hard Stuff is Done Right!
HII Unmanned Systems electrical engineering team is expanding! We are looking for an individual to support hardware design efforts for integration into autonomous marine systems. As member of the electrical engineer team you will applying principles and techniques of electrical engineering to support the release of technical data package for new and existing product. You will work with a cross functional design team supporting design solutions for complete systems and subsystems release from concepts through first article, test, integration and delivery to manufacturing.
Responsibilities include the following:
• Support the design and documentation of electrical system wiring diagrams and cable assemblies.
• Support to the manufacturing team on production issues relating to hardware, wiring, cabling, drawings, or other design aspects.
• Proficient with industry design tools.
• Support PC board layout and electrical hardware design implementation.
• Assist in the design of electrical & electronics systems, firmware coding and circuit simulation.
• Assist in the design and fabrication of test fixtures and prototype designs.
• Assist in updating department policies, processes and procedures.
• Maintains accurate bills of materials, update design documents, process sheets and incorporates Engineering Change Orders.
• Develop electrical test procedures for new circuit boards and various types of assemblies and subassemblies.
• Assist in electrical and electronics equivalent components research to resolve manufacturer or material shortages.
• Assist in the development of engineering estimates and proposals
• Travel to offsite and possibly overseas locations, as required.
• Other duties as assigned.
What you will be doing...
Researches, develops, designs, and tests electrical components, equipment, software systems, and networks. Designs electrical equipment, facilities, components, products, and systems for commercial, industrial, and domestic purposes.
What we are looking for...
0 years experience with Bachelors in related field.
Must be able to obtain and maintain a government clearance #LI-MH1 *TE *SG *MV
Bonus points for...
Underwater systems design or manufacturing experience is a plus.
Knowledge of the Microsoft Office Suite, OrCAD, Deltek Costpoint or similar ERP system, Atlassian JIRA, MATLAB and familiarity with EPDM software.
May require working in an office, industrial, shipboard, or laboratory environment. Capable of climbing ladders and tolerating confined spaces and extreme temperature variances.
This opportunity resides with Unmanned Systems, a business group within HII’s Mission Technologies division. Our Unmanned Systems group creates advanced unmanned maritime solutions for defense, marine research and commercial applications. Serving customers in more than 30 countries, HII provides design, autonomy, manufacturing, testing, operations and sustainment of unmanned systems, including unmanned underwater vehicles (UUVs) and unmanned surface vessels (USVs).
HII is a global engineering and defense technologies provider. With a 135-year history of trusted partnerships in advancing U.S. national security, HII delivers critical capabilities ranging from the most powerful and survivable naval ships ever built, to unmanned systems, ISR and AI/ML analytics. HII leads the industry in mission-driven solutions that support and enable a networked, all-domain force. Headquartered in Virginia, HII’s skilled workforce is 44,000 strong. For more information, please visit: hii.com.
HII is an Equal Opportunity/Vets and Disabled Employer. U.S. Citizenship may be required for certain positions.
Huntington Ingalls Industries
- Huntington Ingalls Industries Jobs