State Street Application Dev Cnslt,AVP in Quincy, Massachusetts
We are seeking a senior level developer/support specialist for a critical third party financial compliance application that facilitates the provision of financial compliance information. This system serves the needs of business units that provide daily, monthly and yearly compliance reporting to many of State Street’s large clients. The environment requires a high degree of follow up as there are tight daily deliverables. The candidate should possess an analytical mind and be interested in understanding and dealing with functional and data complexity.
- Analyze, design, develop and maintain software applications to support business units. The position requires hands-on application development experience in Java/J2EE and Oracle.
- Build and maintain backend middle-tier and web based applications using Java, J2EE and SQL
- Work closely with the vendor to design model and develop proposed enhancements to the existing application release
- Guide a small team of developers in addition to contributing directly to the development and support through the provision of lower level coding and expertise
- Work closely with the business and IT support teams, on and off shore to ensure smooth operations of the application and provide guidance to manage production issues
- Provide technical subject matter expertise in reviewing analyzing and resolving complex issues
- Responsible for resolution communication and escalation of critical technical issues.
- B.S or Equivalent degree in Computer Science or related field
- 5 years of experience in professional software development
- Ability to analyze business requirements and develop solutions to the Business needs
- Highly skilled in Oracle OEM tools, SQL, also Toad
- Highly skilled in Java J2EE
- Experienced in Tomcat App Server
- Good understanding of RDBMS, UNIX and shell scripting
- Good knowledge of Clearcase and RTC, proficient in all SDLC activities
- Understanding of Continuous Integration and build process
- Superior knowledge and working experience of Oracle 10, 11 and 12, ability to work within State Street’s data management infrastructure
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with a good command of the English language
- Required to work extended hours to meet the challenges of a global environment
- Ability to apply clear thinking and experience appropriately to develop applications quickly and effectively
- Ability to work independently with minimal or no guidance
- Financial industry experience is a plus
- Ability to multi-task and meet aggressive timelines
- Should be an excellent team player with positive and constructive attitude
- Need to be technically competent and strong in the relevant skillset with an attitude and hunger to learn technology as well as domain / business functionality.
- Needs to have exposure to various aspects of solution design and application development for functionally and technically complex software applications.
Should be comfortable to work in a matrix organization structure.
Posted 30+ Days Ago
- Full time