State Street Business Intelligence Architect in Quincy, Massachusetts
This person will work as part of Data Governance Framework application development team providing business intelligence solutions to end users. Data Governance Framework (DGF) is a self-service data lake built over very large database systems such as Teradata and Hadoop offering high speed, high volume, affordable data analytics, and data archival capabilities. DGF is used as an Enterprise Metadata Catalog for all data assets and helps govern structured and un-structured data using classification and entitlements.
Architect will provide BI solutions leveraging major BI tools such as tableau and spotfire leveraging ODBC connectivity to enterprise data stores. Primary responsibilities include:
- Provide guidance and support on usage of custom ODBC driver that provides secure access to enterprise data warehouse and data marts on Oracle Exadata, Teradata and Hadoop platforms.
- Provide solutions on connecting Business Intelligence and Reporting tools such as tableau, excel and custom reporting tools to enterprise data platforms.
- Making appropriate changes, testing and releasing the Custom ODBC driver to leverage the new features on underlying data platform or on BI/reporting tools.
- Troubleshoot any issues related to ODBC connectivity and/or performance.
- Strong understanding of Open Data Base Connectivity is must for this position.
- Prior experience in developing custom ODBC driver leveraging Simba SDK would be a huge plus.
- Programming experience in C/C++.
- Basic understanding of how BI tools generate SQLs for an ODBC data source.
- Exposure with big data sql engines such as impala and presto would be a bonus.
- 6 years of minimum experience required.
Bachelors degree in computer science or related field required.
Posted 11 Days Ago
- Full time