Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts Hadoop Solutions Architect (R0133) in Quincy, Massachusetts
Are you looking for innovation? Your search is over - it happens here.
Hadoop Solution Architect
The Hadoop Solution Architect is a senior staff member who ensures that functional design and implementations are consistent with the current and that future state of the Hadoop based data lake and advanced analytics platform.
The Hadoop solution architect should be able to help the clients with strategic services like data architecture, data modeling, writing project estimates and defining data governance. Other responsibilities include designing and driving development on Hadoop based platform. The role also requires a solid understanding Hadoop Big Data toolsets to ensure data architecture supports API and reporting needs. Strong communication skills with an ability to help business define requirements are also essential to this role.
· Serve as the modeler for data projects and initiatives, creating logical business models used to generate physical data models and database schema.
· Work closely with business and IT teams to clarify and refine functional data requirement specifications.
· Create effective data models to support both RDBMS and NoSQL based databases
· Translate detailed business requirements into optimal database and ETL solutions.
· Reviews project technical requirements, provides effort/cost estimates.
· Becomes technical lead for a project, designs process, manages and drives development work with consultants and associates.
· Define and deliver consistent ETL standards, methodologies, guidelines & techniques.
· Diagnose complex problems, including performance issues, and driving to resolution.
· Collaborate with Data Analysts to develop coordinated plans to meet business requirements.
· Assist data analysts and end users across all functional areas in identifying long-term, strategic data needs for the enterprise, defining how the data is related to the business processes and developing a conceptual and functional model of the data
· Develop a strong understanding of health care data.
· Assist in evaluating new technologies for future state of Big data platform
Required Technical Skills
· 10+ years of industry experience in data architecture environment.
· 5+ years of experience in working as Solution/Data Architect.
· Data architecture, data modeling and data management across relational, columnar and noSQL technologies like MongoDB, HBase
· 2+ years of experience with Big data technologies like Hadoop (Hortwonworks, Cloudera, Hive, Spark SQL, Kafka, Flume, HBase, Spark, Sqoop, and Impala.
· Building APIs and Services against Hadoop based platform
· Web technologies such as HTML5, CSS3, Bootstrap framework, AngularJS, D3js, Nodejs, jQuery;
· Advanced analytics development experience with R, Python a plus;
· Architecting solutions across on premise and cloud a plus
· Healthcare domain knowledge is a plus
· Excellent verbal and written communication
· Bachelors degree or higher in Computer Science or related field.
LocationQuincyTime TypeFull time
Voted as the highest in member satisfaction among Massachusetts commercial health plans by JD Power, Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts is a community-focused, tax-paying, not-for-profit health plan headquartered in Boston. We have been a market leader for over 75 years, and are consistently ranked among the nation's best health plans. Our daily efforts are dedicated to effectively serving our 2.8 million members, and consistently offering security, stability, and peace of mind to both our members and associates.
Our Commitment to You
We are committed to investing in your development and providing the necessary resources to enable your success. We are dedicated to creating a refreshing and rewarding workplace that promotes excellence and provides opportunities for employees to forge their unique career path. We take pride in our diverse, community-centric, wellness-focused culture and believe every member of our team deserves to enjoy a positive work-life balance.
Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts is an Equal Employment / Affirmative Action Employer. Applicants are considered for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristics protected by law.
Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts's legal duty to furnish information.