State Street Java Application Developer in Quincy, Massachusetts
We are looking for a strong technical person for a hands-on software development lead role. This person will be responsible for writing code primarily in JAVA and Oracle for the Derivatives Hub Application. The candidate should have a Bachelor’s Degree with 7+ years of experience that includes Java J2EE, Oracle, SQL/PLSQL, and a queueing technology.This person should have experience working in an Agile environment.
This person will fill the role of lead, coordinating efforts with offshore team. Experience should include working with complex, multi-threaded, transaction, scalable and highly-available applications.
We would also like this person to help shaping various software development practices and standards in the team.
This includes setting and enforcing standards around:
- System design and review
- Code review
- Build practices and Continuous Integration
*Education and Work Experience:*
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- The candidate must have 7+ years of experience in IT or relevant industry
*Additional qualifications include:*
- Strong communication skills, self-motivated, detail oriented, and highly responsible.
- Strong collaboration skills, working with multiple teams in various locations.
- Past experience working in the Financial industry preferred.
*Key Technical Skills*
- Strong Java background
- C++ experience a plus
- Scripting languages (perl, shell scripting, xslt,…)
- Experience with build and orchestration tools (Jenkins, Maven, Ant,…).
- Competency in Oracle to work with SQL and develop Stored Procedures, Packages and Functions
- Should have experience with database interactions (JDBC, O/R Mapping, ...) and database performance considerations.
Cloud based development experience.
Posted 11 Days Ago
- Full time