Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts Senior Project Manager in Quincy, Massachusetts
Ready to help us transform healthcare? Bring your true colors to blue.
Manage large, complex projects and/or programs in IT using standard PM best practices.
The Senior Project Manager IT is responsible for delivering highly complex projects or programs using accepted processes. This includes managing through all phases of the software development lifecycle using project management practices such as risk management and stakeholder expectation management. This position is responsible for one or more large sized complex projects that will generally impact multiple businesses and resources. The Senior Project Manager will mentor other project managers and contribute to the project management discipline or other process improvements.
• Manage and balance stakeholder expectations regarding the project time, cost and scope.
• Align project requirements with BCBSMA’s business and IT technology strategy and vision.
• Identify and manage either directly or indirectly, a team of resources who come together for a specific project (IT, Business and 3rd Party).
• Build and manage an overall project plan that can deliver expected results.
• Identify and manage project risks, issues, decisions, and change.
• Communicate status of project health to appropriate audience; negotiate where appropriate.
• Manage project financials to include compiling cost estimates into a forecast, monitoring actual spend against budget.
• Facilitate and track adherence to Statement of Work and Legal/Contract Management.
• Self-starter and strategic thinker with high energy and drive to meet the needs of a demanding business and IT environment.
• Excellent leadership, communication, negotiation, conflict management and relationship building skills.
• Proven ability to network and collaborate across multiple teams with flexible, positive attitude and ability to get results; team player.
• Well rounded skills that include strong business acumen, strategic thinking, and tactical execution skills.
• Strong aptitude for understanding organizational dynamics
• Skilled in conflict management
• Proven track record & significant experience in delivering complex program and projects using varied development approaches to address internal or external development and packaged application, within a matrix environment.
• In-depth knowledge of Program and Project Management processes, methodologies and practices.
• Experience managing a dynamic team consisting of associates, contractors and vendors with various skills and disciplines.
• BS/BA in Computer Science, IT, Business or equivalent.
• Masters certification in project management or PMP certification required.
• Minimum 8 years of experience in IT health care related field required.
LocationHingham, QuincyTime TypeFull time
Voted as the highest in member satisfaction among Massachusetts commercial health plans by JD Power, Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts is a community-focused, tax-paying, not-for-profit health plan headquartered in Boston. We have been a market leader for over 75 years, and are consistently ranked among the nation's best health plans. Our daily efforts are dedicated to effectively serving our 2.8 million members, and consistently offering security, stability, and peace of mind to both our members and associates.
Our Commitment to You
We are committed to investing in your development and providing the necessary resources to enable your success. We are dedicated to creating a refreshing and rewarding workplace that promotes excellence and provides opportunities for employees to forge their unique career path. We take pride in our diverse, community-centric, wellness-focused culture and believe every member of our team deserves to enjoy a positive work-life balance.
Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts is an Equal Employment / Affirmative Action Employer. Applicants are considered for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristics protected by law.
Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts's legal duty to furnish information.