Oracle Software Developer 4 in Quincy, Massachusetts
Design, develop, troubleshoot and debug software programs for databases, applications, tools, networks etc.
As a member of the software engineering division, you will take an active role in the definition and evolution of standard practices and procedures. You will be responsible for defining and developing software for tasks associated with the developing, designing and debugging of software applications or operating systems.
Work is non-routine and very complex, involving the application of advanced technical/business skills in area of specialization. Leading contributor individually and as a team member, providing direction and mentoring to others. BS or MS degree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area. 7 years of software engineering or related experience.
Oracle is an Affirmative Action-Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veterans status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Who are we?
Oracle Analytics organization plays a critical role in delivering and supporting best-of-breed cloud solutions to Oracle customers.
The Service Excellence team at Oracle Analytics Cloud (OAC) is on the verge of transforming the development paradigms at the 42 year old software giant. With the world moving towards the Cloud, Oracle is at the forefront with tremendous portfolio of Cloud offerings.
However, this transformation happens not just at the product level, but also the process of developing, deploying, and operating these products in the Cloud. Using a combination of cutting-edge technologies, continuous process improvements and innovative business transformation methodologies, a small group of us are blazing the trail on the Service Excellence philosophy.
About the Job
The Service Excellence CSI (Compliance, Security and Inventory) team is seeking an experienced Principal engineer to plan, development, and drive the delivery and support of complex software solutions to help drive service Compliance, Security and operational status and make sure service inventory and Risks are fully known into Reporting so Operational teams can drive the right remediations to keep services secure and available.
As a DevOps engineer, you will solve interesting technical challenges by defining, designing deploying and troubleshooting key Oracle Cloud services, platforms, and infrastructure, always thinking about reliability, scalability, resilience, security, and performance.
What You'll Do
· Service Ownership –You will be part of the “CSI” Security, Compliance, Inventory team, whose mission is the shared full stack ownership of a collection of services and/or technology areas, with our Development partners.
· Ownership Scope – As an Engineer, you will understand the end-to-end configuration, technical dependencies, and overall behavioral characteristics of the production services you own. In partnership with your Development partners, you will have the responsibility to ensure that services are designed and delivered to be mission critical with focus on security, resiliency, scale, and performance. You are the ultimate authority and are accountable for the end-to-end performance and operability of the services they own.
· Service Design – As the Oracle Cloud evolves; you will partner with development teams in defining and implementing improvements in service architecture, both current and future. You will be an expert at articulating technical characteristics of your services and the dependencies between services, and guide Development teams to engineer and add premier capabilities to the Oracle Cloud service portfolio.
· Operations Engineering – You will understand and be able to communicate the scale, capacity, security, Compliance, performance attributes and requirements of the services you own. They are Subject Matter Experts, able to understand and communicate every characteristic of their service stack, such as:
· degradation and behavior under load of the services and their dependencies
· end-to-end tuning needs, optimizing resource utilization, as load patterns fluctuate
· Instrumentation and metrics that clearly describe the service behaviors
· scaling requirements and patterns
· resiliency and recoverability, ensuring that backup / restore and disaster recovery capabilities are implemented, tested and maintained
· Automation – You will have a clear understanding of automation and orchestration principles, and will be eager to automate, wherever and whenever the possibility arises, while simultaneously eliminating technical debt. Automation must be part of your DNA.
· Technical Experts - As service owner, you are the ultimate escalation point for complex or critical issues that have not yet been documented as SOPs for Level1 staff. You will usually get called in during major incidents as an SME, when the source of a problem is unclear. You will have the deep understanding of service topology and their dependencies required to troubleshoot issues and define mitigations.
· Broad Interests - SREs are a rare mix of sysadmins and development Engineers, and as such have the ability to understand and explain the effect of product architecture decisions on the ability to run as distributed systems. They are driven by professional curiosity and a desire to a develop deep understanding of their services and the technologies they depend upon.
What You Need to Have
A BS or MS in Computer Science, or equivalent
The candidate must have knowledge and experience with:
Oracle Cloud Infrastructure (OCI) and/or AWS, Azure, or GCP compute, storage, and network operational experience.
Methodical approaches to troubleshooting and solving complex technical problems
Issue tracking and collaboration (Jira and Confluence).
Producing documentation in support of developed work (KBs, run books, help guides).
Linux/Unix system administration including system level knowledge of Linux on OCI Gen 2, creating and executing scripts.
Networking and TCP/IP fundamentals.
Utilizing agile methodologies.
Working with remote, global teams as well as individuals.
Ability to effectively assess and communicate risks and appropriate levels of urgency to management and engineering staff as we as team environment
Working independently and in a self-directed manner.
Most importantly, the aptitude to be a good team player and the willingness to learn and implement new
Methodical approach to troubleshooting complex problems
Analytical, data science and UI experience
Strong application/product/software background
Understand internet networking services, such as DNS, HTTP, etc.
Programming and scripting languages (Python, Java, bash is our preferred)
Using CI/CD scripting tools such as Ansible, Puppet, or Chef.
Containers and orchestration (Docker, Kubernetes).
Experience on Database Administration/Development on Oracle Database, MySQL or other RDBMS
Experience in OSQUERY, or other Compliance, Security, Inventory software services.
Development in languages, such as Java, bash, Golang
Databases and big data stores
Defining and documenting technical architecture of complex and highly scalable products
Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Job: *Product Development
Title: Software Developer 4
Location: United States
Requisition ID: 20000TET
- Oracle Jobs