North Shore Community Health Director, Information Systems in Salem, Massachusetts
Director, Information Systems
Salem, MA (http://maps.google.com/maps?q=27+Congress+Street+Salem+MA+01970)
Director, Information Systems
We are passionate about our mission here at North Shore Community Health! Our mission is to build healthy communities by providing exceptional care to all. If you are someone that shares our mission and believes that first impressions are lasting impressions, you are a great candidate for us. We have a full-time opening for a Director, Information Systems. Under the general direction of the VP of Performance Improvement, The Director, Information Systems is responsible forsupportingthe organization in the planning and execution of North Shore Community Health’s Information System strategy and performance to allow the organization to execute the strategic plan for a clinical interoperability model focused on patient outcomes and quality improvement. At a high level, the Director will be responsible for the effective deployment, upkeep, and usage of our Electronic Medical Record (EMR) system, as well as be responsible for proper reporting and analytics operations. The Director will work with all staff across the organization to ensure accurate data and information is available to the end users throughout the organization. As a team member at our health center, you will work with staff who are racially, ethnically and culturally diverse, so being culturally competent is required. A sense of humor is also very important!
· Direct and manage the planning, development, integration and implementation of business intelligence based services and programs.
· Direct and manage the maintenance, training, and performance of the EMR
· Act as main liaison between NSCH and the IT support functions currently outsourced to a subcontractor team of IT professionals
· Design and lead the long term vision of NSCH IT strategy. This includes, but is not limited to,
o Selection, adoption, and upkeep, of an EMR system(s) to use across all of our services
o Selection, adoption, and upkeep, of Business Intelligence tools to support our data analytics needs
o Selection of effective IT hardware/software/infrastructure platform to support both present and future needs of the organization
· Lead interoperability initiatives that result in the seamless exchange of health care data to advance the care of patients in areas such as risk reduction through greater data exchange, decreased redundancy of services, and improved work flows and efficiencies.
· Advise department and senior leadership in the interpretation of data produced and recommend further analysis as needed and assist with questions or concerns over both internal and external data and reporting requirements.
· Designs and develops reporting and analysis tools using data collection systems and other strategies that optimize statistical efficiency and data quality to produce operational, financial and quality dashboards.
· Direct all maintenance and upgrades for all IT systems at NSCHI
· Lead the training operations for all EMR functions and roles
· Lead the troubleshooting for all EMR related outages and operations challenges in the field
· Accountable for the preparation and presentation of comprehensive reports for clinical, productivity and operational analysis while ensuring the accuracy and timeliness on a regular weekly, biweekly and monthly basis, as well as an ad hoc basis.
· Identifies, analyzes, and interprets trends or patterns in complex data sets.
· Ensure a customer focused environment is maintained at all times within the IT department.
· Recruit, retain and develop quality staff so that a positive working environment is maintained which fosters personal achievement and good morale. Provide feedback on performance on an ongoing basis and as necessary. Mentors staff with goal of improving departmental performance.
· Function as the Manager to the Clinical Information Systems Analysts and other IT support staff. Support the clinical department by ensuring EHR is operational and compliant. Management activities may include administrative tasks, maintaining system security, reporting, end user training and issue identification, troubleshooting, and resolution.
· Performs other similar and related duties as required.
North Shore Community Health (NSCH) offers comprehensive primary care, dental services, behavioral health care, care management, pharmacy, substance abuse disorder treatment, nurse care management, and insurance enrollment assistance services. In 2019, NSCH provided services to 13,272 patients in 63,170 visits. NSCH has 10 services sites: Gloucester, Peabody and Salem Family Health Centers; the school-based health centers at Salem High School and Peabody Veterans Memorial High School; and behavioral health only services at the Bentley Academy, Collins Middle School, Horace Mann School, Bates Elementary School, and the Peabody Learning Academy. NSCH offers competitive benefit plans and as a community-based safety net healthcare provider, NSCH welcomes staff who mirror the diversity of our communities and is on the path to becoming an anti-racist employer
Workplace Anti-Discrimination and Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
The policy of NSCH is to provide equal employment opportunities by recruiting, hiring, training and promoting applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, ancestry, sexual orientation, genetics, pregnancy, marital status, gender identity or expression, disability, handicap, military obligations, veteran status or any other category protected by law (“protected class status”). We affirm that the above policy reflects NSCH's attitude and its intention to do the following:
· Recruit, hire and promote for all job classifications without regard to protected class status;
· Base decisions on employment so as to further the principles of equal employment opportunity;
· Make promotion decisions are in accord with principals of equal employment opportunity;
· Administer personnel actions such as compensation, benefits, transfers, determinations and Center-sponsored training without regard to protected class status;
· Make equal employment opportunities available to qualified disabled or handicapped persons;
· Provide equal employment opportunities to those who are Veterans.
Please submit cover letter, resume and salary requirements for consideration email@example.com visit www.nsch.org for more information.
Master’s Degree in Business, Healthcare Administration, Finance, or Accounting is preferred. In the absence of a Master’s degree, a Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, Healthcare Administration or related area with emphasis in finance, accounting or electronic data processing.
Five plus years of Directing and working in the technology space as well as overseeing vendors.
At least three years effectively managing personnel and leading teams is required
Must be able to produce accurate, detailed results working under pressure and meeting deadlines.
Skilled in the advanced application of financial modeling, database management, spreadsheets, electronic medical record systems, downloads and queries, graphics and word processing.
Understanding of data models and database design/development as well as experience gathering data from various systems and performing analyses preferred.
Good working knowledge of electronic medical records systems; GE Centricity experience and/or ability to participate in GE training; experience with EPIC a plus.
Maintain a high level of confidentiality and comply with the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA), the Health Information Technology for Economic and Clinical Health Act (HITECH), Massachusetts General Law 201 CMR 17.00, as well as other industry and state and national regulatory guidelines.
Highly self-motivated and self-directed to work within a team and/or work independently.
Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to explain technical concepts to non-technical users.
Ability to analyze, organize, delegate and make decisions.
Provides excellent customer service to staff and external customers in a professional, service-oriented, respectful manner using skills in active listening and problem solving. Remains calm in stressful situations.
Ability to travel to other NSCH sites for meetings and clinical coverage as needed is required.