Apple AI/ML - Machine Learning Scientist, Siri Understanding in Seattle, Washington
AI/ML - Machine Learning Scientist, Siri Understanding
- Strong background in machine learning and deep learning; experience in speech, speaker, and/or language recognition a plus, but not required
- Solid foundation in machine learning fundamentals, such as classification, feature engineering, clustering, semi-supervised learning, and domain adaptation
- Proficiency in deep learning / machine learning frameworks (e.g., PyTorch, TensorFlow) and scripting languages (e.g., Python, bash), with strong software engineering fundamentals and an interest in optimizing and scaling systems globally
- Strong attention to detail, along with the analytical skills and the willingness to dive into data to explain anomalies and conduct error/deviation analyses
- Outstanding problem solving, critical thinking, creativity, and interpersonal skills; ability to communicate effectively with engineers, scientists, managers, and cross-functional partners
You will be part of a team whose focus is on applied machine learning, on building and deploying models that constantly advance the state-of-the-art. But that is only half the story! In Siri Understanding, we own our products and user experiences end-to-end. We measure the impact of our deployed models not just on offline test sets, but also on production traffic. We optimize error rates on existing data. We also define new metrics and apply them to the data that best represents the next feature we ship. And we are sometimes constrained by the limits of on-device computation — that is where your ability to innovate will be most impactful. You will collaborate with many dynamic, cross-functional teams consisting of software engineers and machine learning engineers/scientists. The ideal candidate will excel in both academic rigor and engineering efficacy, staying up-to-date with the latest research advancements as well as delivering reliable and robust models to all devices for all users around the world. If you are passionate about building outstanding products and using the full spectrum of your skills to extend the core technology that lets Siri understand, personalize, and interact in new and exciting ways, then we cannot wait to hear from you.
Education & Experience
Master’s or Ph.D. degree in electrical engineering, computer science, machine learning, language technology, or related fields; outstanding candidates with Bachelor’s degrees and multiple years of significant engineering/product experience will also be considered
Apple is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We take affirmative action to ensure equal opportunity for all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, Veteran status, or other legally protected characteristics. Learn more about your EEO rights as an applicant (Opens in a new window) .
Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants. United States Department of Labor. Learn more (Opens in a new window) .
Apple will consider for employment all qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable law. If you’re applying for a position in San Francisco, review the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance guidelines (opens in a new window) applicable in your area.
Apple participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations as required by law. Learn more about the E-Verify program (Opens in a new window) .
Apple is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with physical and mental disabilities. Apple is a drug-free workplace. Reasonable Accommodation and Drug Free Workplace policy Learn more (Opens in a new window) .
- Apple Jobs