Convergint Technologies LLC Engineering Specialist 3 in Sharon, Massachusetts
Carries out in-depth analysis of plans, functional specifications and contracts in order to determine and advise on overall project requirements; manages a wide variety of project aspects including estimating, design, tracking, start up and planning phases; material and equipment procurement.
Provides input, reviews and may prepare shop drawings and wiring diagrams, based on project plans and
specifications, showing location of devices, equipment, and wiring etc.
- Advises Project Manager regarding appropriate products needed for installation, identifying any items
which have longer lead times, and track materials on an ongoing basis to ensure timely arrival/delivery to
the project site.
- Acts as “our customer’s best service provider” at all times thereby ensuring Convergint Technologies is the
customer’s first choice for service.
- May provide custom systems integrations, detailed systems upgrade planning and execution, systems
audits and consultation, and/or database management and manipulation. May install, configure, and
support a variety of network systems and equipment for assigned projects.
- Prepares and/or reviews formal submittal booklets, containing schematics, and technical literature as
necessary to support each contract. May be required to perform other Project Manager duties as needed.
Provides on site assistance with the installation and start up, check out and turnover processes.
Coordinates project schedule and field labor on all assigned projects; proactively communicates project
schedules, project change proposals (as applicable) and related project activities on a regular basis with
customer and seek to continuously improve customer satisfaction.
- Assists the Project Manager in utilizing financial systems to review actual vs. estimated job cost and to
provide timely and accurate project cost reports; identify reasons for low job site productivity and determine
impact on the project.
Acts as a technical resource and support to sales executives including attending pre booking meetings.
Prepares databases and job related programming for computer based systems.
Provides diagnostic and troubleshooting support for possible problems including debugging software,
electrical problems, installation problems etc to existing customers, sales team and service department as
- Using technical knowledge, skills and experience, acts as mentor and provides training for less
experienced staff. Provides performance feedback to management regarding Engineering Specialist I and
II. Transfers knowledge and expertise to other Specialists.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as requested or required.
Job Skills Requirements:
· Exceptional customer focus and ability to work under pressure; ability to maintain awareness of, and seek to meet the needs and wants of the customer without being prompted
· Solid knowledge of engineering principles and practices related to building automation systems, fire alarm systems, and/or electronic security systems
· Advanced programming skills and proven ability to troubleshoot problems and look for solutions
· Must be a self-starter and work well without supervision
· A Project Specialist is typically located within a CTC location or on a specific job site
· Advanced mechanical and electrical aptitude (e.g. works with a variety of hand and power tools such as drill, screwdriver, wire stripper, hacksaw, crimper)
· Frequent visits to jobsites are required. Minimal overnight travel is required. Valid driver’s license required.
· Advanced verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
· Excellent organizational skills and the ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously
· Highly proficient computer skills including MS Office applications (Outlook, Word, Excel), AutoCAD and/or viewing software; solid networking & IT skills (Security & Building Automation primarily)
Associates or better in Computer Engineering
Associates or better in Computer Science
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)